BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow E46'ers.

I am need of some desperate help.

My car has been giving me problems as of recent and have got the car taken into the garage. They have eliminated all issues and narrowed it down to the turbo being on its way out. So I went onto RealOEM and behold a whole heap of confusion. I have come across "S167A=Yes" and "S167A=No", what do they mean? what part number am i looking for? I have been told by a garage thats selling turbo charger that there are 2 types. a Mitsubishi one and some other one. To add to the confusion these have come with different part numbers aswell. they have been presented to me as:

MitsubishiModel: TF035V
OE turbo49S35-05671OMX

49135-05671EOEM
part no.7795499K10

I am totally confused. and in need of desperate help. Please provide the help needed.

These are the details that come up on RealOEM that started the confusion
turbo charger.JPG

Car: E46 320CD Convertible
Year: 11-08-2005
Engine: M47DO1
last 7 digits of vin: PR55867

If you need anything else please let me know and I will try to provide it. I will forever be in debt to you.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
103 Posts
Best thing to do is confirm your turbo model first before ordering one to be sure. Place a camera down by the turbo serial number and take a pic. There isn’t much room but if you put the flash on you should be able to capture it. Clean the face off first. You can have your turbo refurbed / or buy an exchange unit from a number of places in the UK - Turbo Technics; Essex Turbo; Midland Turbo etc. I would assume you have the electronic turbo actuator on yours if a 2005 model so make sure wherever you buy from you get a like for like turbo to avoid any problems when reassembling. Also buy new gaskets and oil feed / return pipes as part of the refittment process.

·
Registered
98 Posts
last time mechanics told me the turbo was out was 3 years ago and since I had a strange feeling about it, I didn't change it and took it to another shop and it turned out to be a small hole in aluminium hose welded for 15 bucks.....unfortunately, mechanics have big power over us who only can guess, if they are honest or not....three years later. turbo still works btw

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
last time mechanics told me the turbo was out was 3 years ago and since I had a strange feeling about it, I didn't change it and took it to another shop and it turned out to be a small hole in aluminium hose welded for 15 bucks.....unfortunately, mechanics have big power over us who only can guess, if they are honest or not....three years later. turbo still works btw
What were the symptoms when you had the issue?

Mine has a whirring/ whining sort of noise when revving and letting go of the gas to change gears. I want to avoid spending so much on it if it is something small like that.

Thank You

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Best thing to do is confirm your turbo model first before ordering one to be sure. Place a camera down by the turbo serial number and take a pic. There isn’t much room but if you put the flash on you should be able to capture it. Clean the face off first. You can have your turbo refurbed / or buy an exchange unit from a number of places in the UK - Turbo Technics; Essex Turbo; Midland Turbo etc. I would assume you have the electronic turbo actuator on yours if a 2005 model so make sure wherever you buy from you get a like for like turbo to avoid any problems when reassembling. Also buy new gaskets and oil feed / return pipes as part of the refittment process.
Where about would the serial number be on it?

Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts