BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys have just had the car painted, interior re-trimmed and wheels fitted. car is quick enough but looking for more, on a tight budget so any ideas where and how much it would cost to turbo my coupe, or how i could do this myself and where to get the bits?

cheers

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
hi guys have just had the car painted, interior re-trimmed and wheels fitted. car is quick enough but looking for more, on a tight budget so any ideas where and how much it would cost to turbo my coupe, or how i could do this myself and where to get the bits?

cheers
Hi mate,

Unfortunately, turbo and BMW dont really include in the same sentence :shifty:

Unless you do it all yourself and you would need quite a bit of skill to put a junkyard turbo setup together and gain good figures.

I would say a budget of £4-£5k could give you realistically 350 rwhp or in other words 450 scooby or evo hp (as they alwasy quote flywheel numbers)

Sorry I couldnt make it any cheaper....Where do you live?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
am in glasgow, was looking a supercharger option but again unsure if i could manage this or where would do it, other option was to do m3 transplant but you dont really know what your buying...

·
Registered
478 Posts
Possibly add nitrous, that would give some boost on a budget, and possibly an induction kit and free flow exhaust.......

Tom

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Personally a super charger would be the more sensible option, but I can't see why you would spend all that money ona supercharger/turbo conversion, not to mention the hassle of getting the work done (do expect to encounter issues, nothign is every simple!).

Why not trade/sell for an M3 which has 320 odd bhp????

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
i took am looking into S/C a M3 lump, bolt on kits cost 7 grand plus fitting. Think its around 450 flywheel power. Not sure if the box, clutch etc will take all this extra power tho.

and 7 grand plus fitting is serious money. You could by a Cosworth engine tuned to 600bhp for that plus change to get a gearbox.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Storm Developments do a SC kit for way less than that, check em out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts