BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, unfortunately I noticed some scumbag nicked my trunk badge, snapped it off from the grommets. Now, I have been searching everywhere fir a replacement. Bmw oem states the diameter is 70mm, but all I can find is 74mm, can anyone shed some light on this? Will it fit buying a 74mm trunk badge?

Thank you

·
Registered
2013 F11 503d
312 Posts
Absolute Scum! Sorry to hear your car was vandalized.
According to realoem they are not very expensive from BMW so why not get the correct one from the dealer? Doesnt your car deserve it after the ordeal its been through??

·
Registered
2013 BMW estoril blue f30 330d
843 Posts
Hi all, unfortunately I noticed some scumbag nicked my trunk badge, snapped it off from the grommets. Now, I have been searching everywhere fir a replacement. Bmw oem states the diameter is 70mm, but all I can find is 74mm, can anyone shed some light on this? Will it fit buying a 74mm trunk badge?

Thank you
Absolute dirty scum!!! I had that issue with my e90. They stole my front badge and took a gouge out my paint around the badge and that was when I decided that a dash cam is a must for the car. As what Tcon has said, go into the dealership and get a badge there, they will have it in the store so you don’t need to wait for a delivery and pop it back in. Invest in a camera for the back and front of the car for your security. Amazing what you can record

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I did consider just getting an original. But then I was thinking, spend spend £50 for an original, and take the chance of it being nicked again. Or spend less on ebay or somewhere, then not such a big loss. But I hear what you qre saying. Decisions decisions

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Absolute dirty scum!!! I had that issue with my e90. They stole my front badge and took a gouge out my paint around the badge and that was when I decided that a dash cam is a must for the car. As what Tcon has said, go into the dealership and get a badge there, they will have it in the store so you don’t need to wait for a delivery and pop it back in. Invest in a camera for the back and front of the car for your security. Amazing what you can record
Off the badge topic, I will attempt the wrap of the lights in the next 2 days, as discussed previously. Hope it goes OK.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Off the badge topic, I will attempt the wrap of the lights in the next 2 days, as discussed previously. Hope it goes OK.
Post up pictures when you’re done! If you need help feel free to message away and I’ll give you as much guidance and tips as I can

·
Registered
843 Posts
Cheers mate. Keep looking over and over the tutorial you have up.
I wish I made a video, only started making videos for YouTube not too long ago.
I’ve lost all my footage wrapping the interior because an unknown number tried to call when I was videoing…

TIP what ever you do, don’t put your fingers behind the film where it’s going to get layed to on the lights, you’ll have a high chance of leaving finger prints behind the film

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wish I made a video, only started making videos for YouTube not too long ago.
I’ve lost all my footage wrapping the interior because an unknown number tried to call when I was videoing…

TIP what ever you do, don’t put your fingers behind the film where it’s going to get layed to on the lights, you’ll have a high chance of leaving finger prints behind the film
I will keep reverting to your posts to make sure I'm ontop of it. Videos would have been great. I have started wrapping bits and pieces of interior.
Doing little mods as I go. Added black dynamic side repeaters. Going to dechrome window trim. Wrap the lights. Fitted all black grilles. Want to paint calipers. Add black spoiler and front lip spoiler. Lots to do

·
Registered
843 Posts
I will keep reverting to your posts to make sure I'm ontop of it. Videos would have been great. I have started wrapping bits and pieces of interior.
Doing little mods as I go. Added black dynamic side repeaters. Going to dechrome window trim. Wrap the lights. Fitted all black grilles. Want to paint calipers. Add black spoiler and front lip spoiler. Lots to do
You need to post up pictures ;) I’ve just done my front splitter to go with the interior. I’ll be doing my v brace the same colour. Hexis - Tiffany Blue
Car Land vehicle Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille

1 - 11 of 11 Posts