BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

First of all i didn't purchase my top mounts from you but wondered if you could help?

Just having no luck with my car lately. If it's not very bad tyre choise or the contant replacing of broken parts, sometimes my fault, i now have a problem with my new pillow ball top mounts. Finally got round to replacing them this weekend but they seem very very tight. They went on no probs but there is no movement at all. When you try and turn them is actulally turn the damper rod. Tried to refit them several times but i get the same result. Am i missing something here. This car is driving me crazy. Ideas please and if you want pics i'll post some up

Many thanks

D.

18 Posts
Email over some pictures and your phone number and I'll see if we can help.

Not sure how obvious the problem may be over email though! Where are you based?

Jimmy

Hi Guys

First of all i didn't purchase my top mounts from you but wondered if you could help?

Just having no luck with my car lately. If it's not very bad tyre choise or the contant replacing of broken parts, sometimes my fault, i now have a problem with my new pillow ball top mounts. Finally got round to replacing them this weekend but they seem very very tight. They went on no probs but there is no movement at all. When you try and turn them is actulally turn the damper rod. Tried to refit them several times but i get the same result. Am i missing something here. This car is driving me crazy. Ideas please and if you want pics i'll post some up

Many thanks

D.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i got the same problem here. i've tried to tighten the ball a bit harder to the damper rod, so it will force it rotate when steering, and it worked for a short while, but now, back to the initial problem. ball is not turning, instead it's turning on the springs, making an awfull sound. a PITA, these pillow ball mounts TBH. let me know if you get to any conclusion.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big shout for RPM problem finally fixed

Big thanks to RPM for offering to help me over the phone on sat. I got up early and stripped the front struts off ready to phone RPM. a friend popped by and suggested that i should adjust the camber to 0. It was only then i realised ALL of the alan head bolt were very lose. We had another look at them and hey presto problem fixed. I feel very stupid not noticing this in the first place. So again thanks to RPM for the offer and all the guys that PM'ed me with ideas.
Moral of the story is don't be a "DONUT" and check all bolts are tight first.

Cheers all.

D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts