BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I hope everyone's good.

I have a 2006 E90 330i and have recently had a garage replace the brake pads, however when resetting the warning light, the millage would not reset and now i have a waring sign every time i start it saying brake pad warning light.

Can anyone advise how i can rectify this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No they didnt but i saw the guy remove the current one and he removed it with out damage, but if i replace it, would this solve the issue?

the strange thing is i had over 8000 miles left on my front pads and i think they tried resetting the front too and I have the same issue with the front now, and they didnt even touch the front wheels

·
Registered
217 Posts
Can you explain what you are seeing on your dash when you say brake warning light? The mileage till service for the front and rear brakes is set separately but I thought this would only indicate a service light briefly on start up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
If its just the mileage till service you want to change. Try below, you should find it on youtube.

Start the engine. Press the button on the milometer dial 3 times and on the 3rd time hold it in till dash display changes and then use the BC up/down button to select which setting you want to change and press and hold the BC button till it resets.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
For what they cost i change the sensor every time.
Never seen them refitted in a garage i never did when i was working anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts