BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, to you that own runflats and have tried a lot, is there anyone that has tried both michelin primacy zp and goodyear efficient grip rof ? i would to know difference between them and which one is more comfort?

·
Registered
526 Posts
I had the Goodyear efficiency run flats on the back of my 635d. I did not rate them at all. They felt vague at speed and did not last very long at all. I accept the 635d is a torquey engine but they only lasted about 7000 miles.
Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
92 Posts
I have had both on my GTs, however it might be an unfair comparison.

Had the Michelins on the 19s on my previous, very happy with them. Excellent grip and fairly comfortable for what they are. Used to last me anywhere from 25-30k miles a set.

I now have the Goodyears on my replacement GT, but cannot comment on longevity as I’ve only had the car a month. They do seem to be harder tyres, but the key here is that the 20s also have a stiffer sidewall on top of the fact that there is less tyre. Not had much chance to push them on properly in wet etc but so far performing well.

It will come down to your budget at the end. I can’t get the Michelins for the 20s so will probably stick with Goodyears. If it were an option I would go Michelins all day long.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Haven't really had the chance to try them yet but how do you rate the bridgestones that came with my, new to me, X1 M sport?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
@ Mush ,bridgestone + runflats = wood

@justinlee i had conventional tyres before in my previous cars , i know what i'm missing. but i don't have a spare pair on my truck, you know the problem and a tyre kit is rubbish.

@Js635d , i do own the efficient grip right now with 35.000 miles and they still go for another 5.000 at least. this one..

i was thinking of trying the michelins since everybody say how comfort they are ,for a runflat of course . i know there are alot of funs for the Michelin brand but as far as rof tyres ,well ,mytyres.uk rates better mine the goodyears.cheaper too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts