BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi each and all - wondering if anyone has any opinions on the following:

I have rebuilt my engine and it is almost ready to go back in ( minus the head ) everything has been checked - new pistons & rings - new shells ( main and big end )
All timing chainS and guides have been changed - here lies my worry - the oil pump and crank to diesel pump are stamped with iwis ( like the ones that came off

The top chain to the camshaft is not stamped whatsoever - however it came in a sealed Febi box that looks perfectly fine - all the numbers and EAN match up and the quality of the chain looks good - all I have managed to find is a small letter "G" underneath one of the links - now I know firsthand that Febi are reboxers of parts - as I ordered a new pully that also came in a sealed febi box and upon opening found out it was an NSK made in poland ( the same as the one that came off ) the timing chain was from Ebay - the old one that came off was stamped iwis - I do have another chain - also Febi that came as the kit but it is an open chain - this is stamped iwis also - any opinions on this?

Regards - Darren

·
Registered
33 Posts
For such a critical part of the engine I probably would have got a BMW oem chain, aftermarket can never really truly be trusted, however some BMW stuff also fails ?. So who knows lol. Since you've assessed the quality of the chain, and it's all good, I don't see what problem there would be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts