BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
looks like a thread is required to post timeslips, here is mine, left lane (have run best mph of 106.48)

Nice time there mate :)

Na 3 litre M3 Im guessing till the SC is done correct?

Youve got a good 60ft time there as well. Will be intersting to see how much the ET and terminal changed once your 'charged :cool:

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1-2 shift is very slow currently, have a clutch problem, car is capable of 12.7x with clutch disengaging somewhere above the floor ...

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
8.5Lb flywheel/M5 clutch, carbon plenum and Alpha N chips, home made exhaust from cats back and 3.64 diff

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
8.5Lb flywheel/M5 clutch, carbon plenum and Alpha N chips, home made exhaust from cats back and 3.64 diff
Sounds ok.
I'm curious, did you see any benefits form that Carbon Plenum?

I was told by a guy at a local meet who had one, that is was more show than go (and noise) ?

Have you seen any verifiable benefits?

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds ok.
I'm curious, did you see any benefits form that Carbon Plenum?

I was told by a guy at a local meet who had one, that is was more show than go (and noise) ?

Have you seen any verifiable benefits?
gained consistent 2mph with it

·
BFuk Moderator
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

bit hard to read, track had no prep on it at all because it was WRX club day, and they have fragile drivelines apparently, so traction was a problem, but got [email protected] at a density altitude of 1304', new clutch is good (6 puck)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sweet runs :thumbsup

Is it stripped at all?

How much was that carbon plenum? I really fancy making one though.

Amos

·
Registered
28 Posts
i chucked out the slips because my tune wasnt nearly as agressive as it is now and it was wet but i ran a best of around 16.5 with a 60 foot time of about 2.8-3.0 seconds. i know i can muster a 2.0 60 foot in the dry so should be interesting seeing what ill run next time with the new tune and some decent rear tyres and, touch wood, some dry weather. im guessing a little under 15 in the dry assuming a 2.0 sec 60 foot time.

couldnt be bad for a lightly fettled E30 325i at any rate :D

·
Registered
92 Posts
good time mate . im goin to santa pod sunday 27 march with my 323i but i shud hav the 3.0 m engine in by then im hopein to do 13.00 and ill be happy to get clos to that lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
yea not bad considering the tune i was running was rubbish compared to what im running now. also the inner half of my rear tyres resembled racing slicks and have since been replaced lol

cant wait for a proper bash at the next drag event. closest thing to a proper strip we have here is straightliners events in eniskillen which is run on a runway or a small airport/airfield. thats where the pic in my sig was from, did well that run, managed to stick with the cerbera till around the halfway mark. would have been a different story in the dry tho lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts