BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as above will 5 series fit a 3 series? whats the diference? and as for ofsets is it say a 35 offset compared to a 25 offset mean the 35 is closer to the inside on car and lower the number the nwider out they go? thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so the wheels could fit a 3 series if i got spigots? as for offset say 35 to 25 compared does the 35 sit in or out more then the 25 as theres 2 sets im after but both diff offsets :confused

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ah ok mate thanks i wasnt sure if the ofset number goes higher the further in or out they go one set is et35 other et25 so as a guess the 35 will sit more out of the car?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thats put an end to that them lol thanks again a20:thumbsup well me post counts high enough so il put a wanted ad on forum now, had a guestimate measure and think 17's will go in my car ok but 18's will need arches done so see what turns up, thanks

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Keep your eyes on the for sale section. There are often wheels being listed:thumbsup

Please be sure to post links to any wheels that you are interested in so that we can confirm/advise if they will fit:thumbsup

I imagine due to your trade you know people in the bodywork trade? If so, just ask how much it will cost to roll your arches. You may be pleasantly surprised and it will resolve a lot of issues with wheel fitment as the rear lip is quite a PITA:hihi

Sometimes you will only learn that you have clearance issues when you decide to take the family out on a day trip and realise that the extra weight causes rubbing on the rear arch:frown

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i got a bodyshop 2 units down from my shop so il ask them, id love a set of 18's on there really so hopefully if i get the arches rolled they should go on hey? although the car doesnt look well low it really is close underneath lol :jaw-dropping

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
Rolling the arches will certainly improve your chances of fitting wheels and not having rubbing issues.

I will retitle your thread to that 5 series is deleted:thumbsup

Check out my albums in my user profile and you will see how low my car is, I have a boot full of ICE and can fully load the car with passengers without scrubbing issues even when driving on 20" RYM's using a 235/30 20:rofl

The only arch mods ever needed on my car was rear arch rolling and that was to fit the first set of wheels I owned and they were 18's. Arches have never needed to be touched since:thumbsup

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.