BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I am on the verge of parting with my hard earned cash on a 2013/640d/60k/Gran Coupe/FSH, from an independent dealer with a good rep.

However i cant quite push my self over the line because of the turbo sound i can hear when revving the engine, im cautious with turbos because of previous failures and the associated big bills!

Take a listen to the audio files below and tell me what you think.
Does this sound "normal" for this engine?
Is it wear and tear?
Do low mileage engines do this?
What does your car sound like?

Audio 1

Audio 2

Any input appreciated (sooner the better please)

cheers

Mark

·
Registered
181 Posts
Sounds normal if I’m honest. Not loud and whiny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
668 Posts
Sounds the same as my 640d. I have had it from 55thousand miles and now has 77 thousand miles and no different to mine. Great cars and just change the oil every six months as long service intervals are not good for them.
cheers
jim

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Oh I had a turbo blow on the 2004 730d Sport I used to have, next to no warning, just went, and when they go, the huge plumes of road blocking smoke out of the back are enough of a sign :cool:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive had a rethink, i have decided to buy a car with very low mileage, the one i was looking at is just overpriced for what it is, they are asking £18.3k, and although its fully loaded - VDC, HUD, 360 cam, reverse cam, Nappa, upgraded sound, soft close doors, ceramic controls, adaptive led headlights, comfort entry, digital cockpit, sunroof, speed limit display, i just think they arnt worth the extra they are asking giving its 60k miles.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
At least with older/low miles you stand a better chance of the oil change frequency being shorter in terms of miles - ie it's less likely to have been abused with 25k oil changes as it would time out for the services rather than mileage out.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I decided what suited me was a car up to 3 years old, 20 to 25k miles, having bought a 330d SE Tourer new, so that then was a 730d Sport, and now a 535d, now considering a change as having got daughters into larger cars, I don't need a 5 series, pondering on 440i 2 door coupe, similar 435d, 640d, doing the Autotrader things...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts