BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas, me and 2 mates have been busy setting up a 'spare time' business. It's been 18 months in the making due to various commitments but we're all now in a place where we can commit our spare time to this. The idea is a video diary of your party / wedding. There are a few out there but not many.

We've built a booth which houses an HD camcorder, screen facing out so that users can see themselves in real time and a mic, it's only a prototype and we're testing it at a mate's 30th tonight.

The end delivery is a HD DVD with full menu etc of all your mates leaving video messages.

Hopefully we'll make a few quid but it's good fun anyway, here's our finished prototype:

This is a table top unit but plans are for a full on booth soon...

If any of you boys and girls are having a party soon and you want to try it, we'll happily do it for free to get the portfolio up and running so long as you're happy to cover our travel costs :thumbsup

Guys just sharing these pics cos I'm pretty happy with what we've achieved, please don't think that it's a sly plug, I wouldn't use this forum for that at all...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very good idea :thumbsup

Place I work we have weddings and Bar Mitvah's regularly....Just before Christmas over 80K was spent just on a Bar Mitvah....

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I went to a wedding recently and they had hired a photo booth, everyone went in as couples and families and had their pictures taken. One set went to the people for free, the other set were put into a wedding album for the couple to keep - worked really well, this is taking that idea one stage further - sounds like a winner!

Reactions: Lewy_T

·
Registered
387 Posts
Sweet idea that, hope it takes off for you mate and do well.

Reactions: Lewy_T

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
That does actually seem like a good idea, you can just record video messages, similar to a wedding card for example, but more personal, especially as the night would go on!

It would need to be fool proof, and also not overly techy for Gramps and Grandma, but if user friendly enough, it should work very well.

·
Registered
737 Posts
f**k me it looks like r2 d2 a dishwasher and a darlek had an orgy and that was the result, good luck with it could be a winner, i used to photograph weddings lol, dealing with pr**ks and highly strung motherinlaws got to me in the end

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
i know a cat that would love a scratch on that
i thought it was gonna be this time next year rodney...we'll be in the championship, but fair play...cracking idea and i really hope it works out for you :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
mate the only advice i can give you is if it woks make another for back up, get liability insurence, about 2mil is what photographers have, visit the happy/pregnant couple at least twice and the same with the venue, be prepared for uncle knobhead spilling his pint of stella over it 'i once had a pensioner on sticks walk straight into my camera which was set up on a tripod waiting for the cake shot, it fell onto a wood floor causing 350 worth of damage, and i had to smile and apologise, whilst putting my spare camera on the tripod lol, youve got to be a people person, and dont do it for a low price, beleive it or not people think theyve had a shit service unless theyve paid over the odds for it

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
All the best with that Lewy, seems like a pretty good " spare time business" might turn into more than that eh.

Like you said " This time next year"....:thumbsup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts