BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am thinking of seling my beloved BMW 318 se :( i have just found out i am pregnant again and also got a bigish dog so was woundering if you guys knew were i could list it? how much i should roughly ask for it and any general advice i cant sell on ebay as have no bank card to create a sellers account :( any help/advice at all would be appreciated:thumbsup
This is car i'm hoping to sell it has tax til end april and mot til 1st may

and more photo's of it here
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2017132&id=1145232018

·
Registered
401 Posts
just do the obvious really, local papers autotrader shop windows etc, as for prices, have a scout about the internet and see what the prices are doing and price yours accordingly, ie if the average price for cars with fsh leather etc is 1500 and yours isnt quite as good dont price it at 1500 cos it wont sell, unfortunatly you cant advertise on here untill your post count is up but good luck all the same.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Same as mentioned above, really take advantage of the free ad papers like Admag, supermarket notice boards, put a well written advert in the window of the car etc. Then also you have the likes of Psitonheads and Autotrader (which are highly advisable) but you may well be charged for listing your car (you will be charged for Autotrader).

Also 'gumtree'.com/.co.uk is a large ish website that many people use to place various types of adverts specific to their area and that also free.

The good thing is, the 318 is popular and your's appears to be in standard form with no ghastly modifications which is common place nowadays across this era of BMW 3 series. Search autotrader.co.uk and find cars in similar condition to yours to gauge the price at which you advertise it for.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bang it on piston heads,to be honest a car of that age with the 318 m40 engine will only realistically get you around £500 max....car prices have fallen flat on their back sides at the minute im afraid
thats pretty good lol was thinking of listing it for £350 so i'd be happy with owt around that price :)

also ty everyone 4 imput and advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
just do the obvious really, local papers autotrader shop windows etc, as for prices, have a scout about the internet and see what the prices are doing and price yours accordingly, ie if the average price for cars with fsh leather etc is 1500 and yours isnt quite as good dont price it at 1500 cos it wont sell, unfortunatly you cant advertise on here untill your post count is up but good luck all the same.
what's the minimum post count to post a for sale in this forum?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
15 useful posts.

Hope that helps

Ian
I didn't realise it was actually that low! to be honest, in a way, anyone could pretty much make 15 posts .... IMO it should be raised, so that its a post count + time as a member to deter the scammers and todays del boys.

·
Registered
401 Posts
i agree,its quite easy for a company in the know to post a few clever replies and seem genuine and then start to offer work out, i dont think the post count matters as much as the time spent on here, how about try something like each forsale advert has to be authorised by a mod first

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
stop dont sell the car complete -just sell for parts - you always be quids in,,, you should fetch atleast 500 and
remember ONE MANS JUNK ANOTHER MANS TREASURE ,

gd luck
ya could do but dont have a driveway, live on a small side road so urgently need to sell it just to get it off front my house to put my other parked up next week lmao so tho that would prob be best bet to get more cash aint realie an option to me, but ty 4 idea

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
lol na lowest i'd go to be perfectlyt honest is £250 which u have agree is dirt cheap, i paid 350 for it 4 weeks ago and am sad to see it go :( but needs must n i need an hatch back
i've never known a car to be so cheap to run i went from grimsby were i live to castleford and back with £15 petrol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
all the pics have for car are listed on my facebook on this link i uploaded them to there as was proud as punch with me BMW still am it gonna break my heart to sell it but am getting another hatch back tuesday and realie need parking space i'd sooner it go cheap to some1 to love it than it be damaged on my stret by kids here is link for my facebook and the images http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?aid=2017132&id=1145232018

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.