BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

think before the next time you floor your car

2K views 26 replies 21 participants last post by  John328i 
#1 ·
i just wanna say a small story that has affected my family for the rest of our lifes.i just want people to think twice about the next time they floor there cars. Yesterday my cousin who is eight months pregnant was on her way with her husband to go pick up some tiles for their new house that they was kitting up. on the way to the tile shop a boy racer drove straight into them at high speeds killing the husband instantly. now my cousin is lucky to be alive but she has the task of brining a child into this world with out a father right now.:frown

its a very hard time for the family but i just want to reinforce the message of road safty because it ruins lives. i for one put my hands up, i have been known to drive like a maniac but never again. i am 23 and off the top of my head i have lost about 4 friends in road traffic accidents, life is too precious. if i have made one person slow down then i have achieved something

#7 ·
My condolences to you and your family, i have two daughters, and what you say about speed is absolutley correct.

I hope the boy racer get what he deserves, and my thoughts are with the your cousin and the child.

Lee.

Reactions: maikothegreek
#8 ·
condolences to the family, terrible situation to be in :-(

I'm afraid I have to disagree on the speed, though. It's general standard of driving and awareness that causes the problem.

#9 ·
Condolences to yourself and family. Its a tragic situation and I can only hope that the driver is dealt with accordingly.

#16 ·
My sincere apologies... the reason i feel so strongly about this myself is that i lost 4 members of my family to accident 2 years ago involving a drunk speeder...

i am not pathetic enough or morbid enough to argue this point on this thread!! i am just asking what he meant!

i can relate to the poor guy and his family with this point and know how he'd feel when somebody makes an arguement with him on that subject.

iam extremely sorry if i offended anyone...:frown

#15 ·
That's awful news maikothegreek :frown, I'm truly sorry for you and your families loss, the loss of family or friends is absolutely horrible and no words can make things better, if there is any light at the end of the tunnel then it's the Wife and child are thankfully OK and can hopefully bring some light into your lives.

My condolences go out to you and your family

#17 ·
I'm sorry to hear of the trouble your family now has to deal with.

Speed kills and I think most of us can admit we've driven too fast at some point in our lives.

Due to an accident when I was young I was very sharply prompted to adjust my driving behaviour. I was then reminded again when I put my car into a 360 spin missing everything in sight.

Like the Judge informed me when I was 19 years of age... A motor vehicle is a potentially lethal weapon if it falls into the wrong hands.

#22 ·
sorry for your loss but i have to agree with keith 2.2 im sure most of the ppl on here when they choose to stretch their cars legs they do it on long open stretches of road and not down the local high street, there is a big difference between a quick driver and someone who drives quick.

#23 ·
Listen guys, i know what you mean ron, however i consider a quick driver to be michael schumacher on a track and a driver being quick anybody with little experience driving fast. Even michael schumacher crashed!, now, im not anti- speed, but i am into safe driving. Maikothegreek has suffered a terrible loss to a speeding driver, i too had suffered the same thing a few years back, i just feel its a little inappropriate to argue his opinion about speed on this particular thread after what happened.

#24 ·
guys lets not get into a full debate here. i simply posted this thread to make sure people are aware of the dangers of speeding, even a few miles over the limit can mean the difference between life and death. i believe we should learn from other peoples mistakes, thats why i have toned down my driving. i had my heart set on buying an m3 but i just dont know if its wise move with everything that has happened

#25 ·
Just give yourself plenty of time mate, it may seem like you will never recover from this, but it gets easier to bear as time moves on, be strong for your cousins sake and the baby, they both will need all the support they can get. That will be extremely hard for you too, but helping now, will help you recover in the long run,

Again, my condolences for your loss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.