BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
** I HAVE NOW BOUGHT THESE WHEELS BUT I NEED TO SELL THEM - LONG STORY SEE LAST POST< OFFERS WELCOME QUICK SALE NEEDED!**

003.jpg ETA BETAs2.jpg ETA BETAs3.jpg ETA BETAs4.jpg ETA BETAs5.jpg ETA BETAs6.jpg ETA BETAs7.jpg ETA BETAs8.jpg ETA BETAs9.jpg

Wasnt even looking for new wheels but stumbled across these babies for sale for a very reasonable price! debating whether to splash out... 17x7.5J, The make is ETA BETA, never heard of them but a quick google search tells me they're Italian & made 3-piece Porsche rims & some Lambo wheels so they should be good enough for my ti :hihi

i really like the look of them, similar to M-Parallels & liking the classy alpina style centre cap covering the lugs. AND importantly there different & rare and I wont pull up at a set of lights next to another e36 with these on...

I wouldnt normally dream of putting aftermarket wheels on my BM as I love the clean OEM look but these look clean & OEM all day long & must be very rare, Ive never seen them before anyway.

Plus a nice lowish 35 offset for E36 wheels so a nice bit of stance compared to my Style 89's. My compact is lowered 35mm Will I have any rubbing issues on the rear arches with ET35 & 225/45 tyres?

Any other comments on the wheels?

Also I mite try & DIY refurb them, the paint finish looks the same as OEM BMW silver, can anyone confirm I'd need the same Wurth paint for these wheels for an exact match?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Hi all, i have now bought these wheels, long term they were supposed to be winter wheels as I'm trying to accumulate a set of BBS Style 19 split rims.

Basically I have already bought 2 brand new Style 19's & now I've found a used full set for sale in good nick & with the dishes recently polished for a bargain price, I'm prioritising securing those because they've been my dream wheels since I've had my BM for the last 3 yrs!

So needs must & I now have to sell the Eta Beta's on to afford them so I'm open to offers on them. More pics now added on 1st post. I'd like to recoup my money so looking for £240 ONO. OPEN TO OFFERS BECAUSE I NEED A QUICK SALE!

Would make uber cool winter wheels or all year round IMO.

2 of the wheels have kerb rash & would benefit from a refurb. If your paying for a professional refurb the other 2 wheels would be a judgement call, it depends if you want them perfect - they have a couple of marks but apart from that very tidy & can easily do without a refurb if you want to save money.

I hadn't heard of Eta Beta but did some research & as said above they are an Italian wheel manufacturer, they were very well known & high quality in the 80's & early 90's, up there with BBS, and made the classic Porsche 3-peice Turbo rims as well as Lamborghini, BMW, VW wheels that I know of. Indeed they also used to sponsor an F1 team in their heyday. The fact that they were such a prestigious brand & are obviously high end wheels due to the surprising lack of corrosion or laquer peel for age & are genuinely retro & so rare now is what persueded me to buy them.

These EB40 wheels are 17" x 7.5J, ET 35, PCD 5x120, centre bore 72.5mm.

I bought them from Germany & they are very well packaged & ready to be collected so no problem to have them couriered at buyers expense (£30 extra). As always cash on collection is more favourable though.

More than happy to any questions - 07835595032 or PM.

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts