BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i last posted after swapping from autoglynm to meg i was impressed a totally different shine but i have to say the amount of dust right after polishing when driving around is unbelievable its doing my head in, apart from that i got to say its a good polish (stage 2) even though if you leave it , its a pain to get off so now a panel at a time then the megs carnuba really does do the biz , but heres the verdict via pic, is it just me or does this stuff attract lots of dust?? oh yeah this was a moby

·
Registered
515 Posts
nice work dont use megs always use autoglym but have the same problem with dust attraction its like painting the forth road bridge with my car its dusty almost straight away probably as its black that dosnt help:hissyfit:banghead

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
had to laugh today , one of the neighbours said it may be all this volcanic ash:hihi:rofl:rofl, even though i have had this prob for a couple of weeks, recon its cos its a dark blue car and is more visible than my usual silver cars or the carnuba is super sticky or somit

·
Registered
154 Posts
same ere but im guessing the air borne soot from the volcano wont be helping!!

·
Registered
626 Posts
Had the same problem over the last month, maybe to do with ash. Don't think it's the meguiars my neighbour uses a car wash and his is the same.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had the same problem over the last month, maybe to do with ash. Don't think it's the meguiars my neighbour uses a car wash and his is the same.
but the volcano has only blown its top in the last week or so

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nice work dont use megs always use autoglym but have the same problem with dust attraction its like painting the forth road bridge with my car its dusty almost straight away probably as its black that dosnt help:hissyfit:banghead
i have always used autoglynm until recently thought it was time for a trial change, and i was autoglyms biggest fan if its good enough for jaguar and aston martin then its gotta be good right? but honestly try the megs i didnt do the first stage but did do stage 2 polish really brings out the colour and metalics then there carnuba, but there stage 2 is a pig to get off if left for a bit worth a try mate you can always go back to autoglym i still have bottles and bottles of super resin and extra gloss

·
Registered
154 Posts
yeah i remember reading that the 1st eruption wa back end of last month, but not as severe...

still, one way to get the dust off- go faster!!!

But yeah, im a megs convert now, did the 3 stage and im very happy :) and buggered.

·
Registered
626 Posts
What ever this dust is, it does scratch when you wash it off (spider webs) ended up putting on the quick detailer wax that comes with the clay bar kit. works well and alot easier to use than the nxt wax I used when I clay bared it. Does anyone use the polishing mop they are selling for about £200?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I also find the whole dust thing after using megs really frustrating.
Im wondering if its maybe got something to do with static being created from the polishing action? If so Ive no idea how to go about curing it!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
we will only find out if its the ash once its done , or could it be that its the polish cause there no way within 10mins of me finishing polishing that ash travels onto my car . even fag ash aint that quick

1 - 16 of 16 Posts