BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
To compete with the A5 or something I guess....... but its hideous!

Really don't think much of any BMW's modern designs, all look very weird and as a result the shapes and lines just don't seem to flow.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Where are BMW going with their designs? It looks a bit like a proton Gen from the back, with slightly different lights! vulgar is one thing, Ugly is another!

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,428 Posts
Am I the only one who maybe doesn;t dislike it? I mean I don't totally dislike it but I can see some things possibly growing on me. Maybe I'm biased I dunno.

For example, the big front grills look like jaws coming to eat you in your rear view mirror. Big stonking wheels too, not sure about the boot lid tho.

Looks like it will defo turn heads.... Red :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The thing is their main designers has just quit hasnt he, after 25 years with the company, perhaps this reflects on his design in some way if u get me, either way im slightly turning towards merc in the new ranges like the CLS,SL,CLK (black series) and oh sh*t the CL :p

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Had to look up what flame surfacing is and still :confused

Never ever heard of Chris Bangle :(

and i see what you mean with the X6 and the new 5, never checked out the X6 as it;s way outta my price range anyhoo. Red :)

Bangle had so much flack when he introduced the 'flame surfacing' on the concepts of the Z4, and the motoring press were unconvinced.

You look now at the Z4, e90, e60, etc and they have come of age. What was once gawky now looks great IMO. I reckon the new styling direction will be the same. You wait till you see one of these in black, it will lokk hard as nails.

Agree with NealP though, it looks like an X6 without the steroids, or has had something dropped on its roof.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.