BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought my R plate 318is it had broken indicator lense so wen t into local dealership tols partsman what i was after he asked registration he logged it in pc i asked about the part number soursce etc....he then showed me onscreen all my cars details as when it left the factory spec etc he then went on to say i will print it off for you.....he did so i left all the more wiser with the bible to my car.....so next time your near a dealership no harm in asking.... im sure they will oblige......may seem unimportant to some but its a nice thing to have in you history folder ......cheers all and remember keep it B.M.W. :hihi

·
Registered
303 Posts
funnily enough i went to the dealer in oxford friday for a rad cap for my e36 323 vert, and while i was there i asked how much for a new key..... needless to say i fell over after he told me £133 fecking quid of course.

but he needed the reg no. for the car to check the key and he produced the same details for me too and promptly said i could keep the printouts....

cheers to the dealer...

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
funnily enough i went to the dealer in oxford friday for a rad cap for my e36 323 vert, and while i was there i asked how much for a new key..... needless to say i fell over after he told me £133 fecking quid of course.

but he needed the reg no. for the car to check the key and he produced the same details for me too and promptly said i could keep the printouts....

cheers to the dealer...
£133 - did you get a gold plated one? I hope so for that money! I got one at the dealer for my E36 323 Convertible for £36. All dealers are franchises so it pays to ring around for prices.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I got one of those little printouts for my old Compact when I went to the Main Dealer for a paint code, they're pretty interesting and I keep meaning to get one for my current car.

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I also received one from my friendly parts dept, didn't quite soften the blow of the bill he then produced but some good info nonetheless ;)

A couple of months later I found another type of build/spec doc under the rear seat :thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts