BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your pet hate? Mine has to be the effing door pockets!! Absolute rubbish! Every time I boot it half the stuff flies into the back seat, and then it all slides forward again under braking! Gaaaah! Hateful things! Going to neoprene line mine with an old wetsuit to hopefully shut it up! That or a straight through exhaust so I can't hear anything :D

rant over, what's your pet hate?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cup Holder ... i love my cup holders .. counted last night i have 4 cup holders in the E36 Coupe :) .. wonderful things .. hold my drinks very nicely ...

worst thing and absolute hate ... i dont know yet ..

·
Registered
431 Posts
My pet hate with my old e36 compact was..

How the roof joins the door in such a way that every last drop of water on the roof ends up in the door pockets when the window is open, via my arm, via anything in the door pockets.

So many soaked rizla packets and well, anything in that door pocket.

My e46 seems a lot better for this, but it does still happen a little.

I know i know, perhaps i shouldn't drive in the rain, with the window open, but this would happen even if it's not raining, even if there's just some water on the roof perhaps the morning dew, whatevs, it all ended up in the door pocket. Even the screen wash would end up coming right into the window!!

·
Registered
869 Posts
My pet hate with my old e36 compact was..

How the roof joins the door in such a way that every last drop of water on the roof ends up in the door pockets when the window is open, via my arm, via anything in the door pockets.

So many soaked rizla packets and well, anything in that door pocket.

My e46 seems a lot better for this, but it does still happen a little.

I know i know, perhaps i shouldn't drive in the rain, with the window open, but this would happen even if it's not raining, even if there's just some water on the roof perhaps the morning dew, whatevs, it all ended up in the door pocket. Even the screen wash would end up coming right into the window!!
i know exactly what you mean, espacially when you put your windscreen washers on and it pours through the window and down the door card

·
Registered
121 Posts
The owners/drivers of E36 4 pots who think they have racing machines and that its alright to go right up someone arse on the motorway
:lol haha 6 pot snobbery there ;) but yeah .. how dare they get in the way of our 6 pot pure bred racing machines :sarcastic

·
Registered
7 Posts
:lol haha 6 pot snobbery there ;) but yeah .. how dare they get in the way of our 6 pot pure bred racing machines :sarcastic
Not at all...If you check any car on the motorway in the fast lane been tailgated by an E36 BMW its usually a 4pot screaming its nuts off :lol

No way they could keep up with me though ;)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Lol i used to be a 4 pot e36 driver, getting pissy at people for being in MY WAY on MY LANE, right up their chuffs, with the odd flash / right hand indicator. lol.

.... now i'm a 6 pot BMW sludger driver and to be fair, and i think it's the "road presence" of the e46 Sport front, bitches be moving out of my way now. lol.

I wouldn't want that beast of a front end up in my rear grill! lol.

·
Registered
63 Posts
the lack of space in the footwell for the three pedals!!!!. i used to have a 323i manual and it was an absolute b"%*ch with my size 11's to change gear without rubbing down the left side of the footwell or catch the brake pedal. my 328i is an auto and much comfier for my feet!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
What annoys me is the fact that the clutch pedal lines up with the centre of the steering wheel. Meaning if you get used to driving an e36 and you try drive something else it won't feel right because you've adapted to driving with you legs turned to the right a bit

1 - 20 of 63 Posts