BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

The 8 series chat, picture and general discussion thread.

282K views 3K replies 117 participants last post by  jinbal 
#1 ·
Pictures to post? questions to ask about the E31 model, chat with fellow E31 owners here. :thumbsup

#2,752 ·
Hello there 2021 8ers. Felt great catching up on some recent posts here. I'm quite hyped to see this same thread still going. I had to smile seeing old bigmouth Post #2 on this thread (but don't let the '2' fool you, Post #1 arguably should not count as it wasn't an actual comment)
Anyone I used to know still lurking: hope you're all doing great, & your 8s of course.

Reactions: mcat911 and payno
#7 ·
Must say my donation is well overdue but it will happen.. thanks for reminder. And I feel the same way about this sticky, we've needed one.

#11 ·
Thanks for pic Stevie, looks interesting - are you retaining the usual CSi front spoiler yeah?

We'll need lots of pics of the whole car after its finished.

#15 ·
Ah - to be honest NOS I only mentioned 'production assistant' again cos you didn't rise to the bait and ID her after the last time I said it! ;)

#16 ·
:rofl :rofl :rofl sorry I'm a bit slow, the night shifts are taking their toll.
Yesterday was painful, I left home at 6am to goto the shoot, I then worked through the night without a break, by 7am this morning I was wasted.
From 1st April I'm redundant, but I'm looking forward to the rest. I want to go to more meets and catch up with you guys :thumbsup

#18 ·
We have a custom car / meet on the first Sunday of every month here in Guildford. It was started many years ago by Burger King and still tends to attract lots of American Muscle. Its a great venue and I see regulars there now, however like my fishing, I ONLY stand around when its warmish these days. Last year we used to take the 840 & 850, we gathered a lost of interest. Trouble was the Saxo / Corsa kids tended to focus on the Nitrous and I would be bombarded with stupid questions.

#19 · (Edited)
My first minor alterations - easily reversible if/ when i get bored.. pix, opinions welcome

Alright chaps,
Few things different with my car now, firstly thanks to Best Buy . i think his suggestion about yellow FTPs really works on my car, tho I'm sure some won't agree, my roundels are no longer blue and white (I didn't use a yellow decal in the same shade as the car - it didn't contrast enough for my liking) and there's also a pic of the small yellow roundels i added to both front (side) windows.

Anyway, pix.. hope u like 'em ;) +, I'm happy to take negatives from people that like yellow cars but don't like what i did :silly

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw 8 series Yellow

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Bmw 8 series

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Coupé Bmw

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Bmw 8 series Bmw

Alloy wheel Rim Wheel Auto part Spoke

Attachments

#32 ·
I much prefer the contrast against the yellow of the standard, smoked FTP's.
Hi Tim, bit confused about your point about 'smoked' here - as the FTPs which i covered were clear, NOT smoked, as far as i know? (forgive me if being a bit dense..

#22 ·
Meetings- You are all welcome to come to Duxford on May 6th - it is usually a great day out with loads of interesting cars of all makes. There are usually a few E31's amongst a sea of other BMW's:

....and more interestingly, quite often a few warbirds flying about:

Gates open (for those displaying cars) at 9:30 at the far entrance.

There is a second show later in the year as, but I don't know the date yet. Duxford is a brilliant place to visit, loads to see especially if you are interested in WWII aviation. I'll post up again closer to the time.

#30 ·
Meetings- You are all welcome to come to Duxford on May 6th -
Tim - Duxford is my two son's favourtite place on earth and they nag me continuously to re-visit..
May 6th in my diary already, seriously. Will speak to you about it nearer the time.

#25 ·
lol - that cider thing is offputting, but i quite like that radiation logo :eek:)

timm - i'm not made up about the yellow lights yet either, its so easily reversible almost not to exist, so to speak.

I think what i like about it, is the fact that few cars you see on the roads here, especially nice cars, have yellow lights. So, unexpected a little.

#26 ·
After checking out that radioactive logo again, i'm starting to see that one differently, its almost 'not bmw'. Hmm. Anyway. All in all, i'm uneasy about taking the car yellow. ITs cool enough as is, and in a way its lost some charm maybe, if i saw it on the street parked i'd be more inclined to think 'probably some twat's car'.
That is one way of looking at it.
oh dear this is all starting to feel wrong.

#33 ·

Quality mate, quality,oh how I'd love one of them.

Years ago I had a German registered 525 that I came back with after finishing work out there, because of the registration I got road raged all the time!! Got totally pissed off so much that I carried a small baseball bat just in case!!, this particular time a car overtook me .,much verbals & finger gestures then shot off & pulled into the inside lane of the dual carriageway!seeing my chance, I caught up pulled a long side & waved the bat in a animated fashion:D I had the same reaction as in that clip brakes slammed on & away I went:rofl shortly after that my Mrs insisted I re-register the car!

#34 ·
BB
How about this for a suggestion: Ditch the yellow roundels, but to make it different, what about black ones, you know black/silver etc. That way you loose the conflict of yellow car, blue badge, and get black and yellow, like the light strips?

Vulch: Nothing says F*** off, like a large eastern European looking gentleman with an automatic!
Anyone ever seen an old biker film called "stone", it's mostly cheese, but there are some scenes with guys riding original Z1000s with automatics slung on their backs. That is a good look! The feds don't have much of a sense off humour about that sort of thing these days.

#35 · (Edited)
BB
How about this for a suggestion: Ditch the yellow roundels, but to make it different, what about black ones, you know black/silver etc.
Hmm, nah. Silver has absolutely no place on this car tbh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.