BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

2721 - 2740 of 2745 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have to be VIP memberif I want post photo here. :( Shame its end of forums era
Its YouTube and Instagram time

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
919 Posts
No still not seeing it.
I am talking about editing an existing post, was an edit button on the thread?
Ok yes its where you said on this thread, i am the last one to post on it.
If i scroll up to my post asking the question, nothing there, as all my other posts.
Any help appreciated as unable to correct post error.
Cheers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Dream e31 base on 850csi
Almost cost over 100k more than standard 850csi
Hamann motorsport breiteversion.
Engien is HM56 CSI

·
Registered
280 Posts
Time to say goodbye :eek:( After 10 years, I have finally sold my 840 :eek:( Its been the best car I have ever had. I bought it because every few weeks I drive between my two homes in NW England and NW Germany. When the car hit 20 years old, i decided it was no longer sensible to keep doing this all year round as a breakdown far from home is no fun. the last time it resulted in a week in a hotel awaiting repairs, and so I finally bought something modern. I used the car as a show car for a couple of years but I already have a 1960s show car which was my dads and I would never sell, so in the end I sold the 840. No doubt I will still occasionally log on and share my 10 years repair knowledge and I will certainly continue seeing those of you who attend local classic car shows.

Having sold my 840, I am now selling my style 8 E31 wheels. They came off an early 840 and are in surprisingly good condition. If you have a later 840 like mine then you need spacers to clear the larger Brembo brake calipers. If needed I have hub centric spacers, extended wheel bolts and a lock set available by separate negotiation.From memory about 10mm is needed to clear the calipers at the front which is visually unnoticeable. They are not needed at the rear. Continental Winter tyres on an E31 are amazing, without them the car is undrivable on snow or ice but with them it romped up mountains in Barvaria with no trouble. Grip in the rain is fantastic as well.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Just used water and my own snow foam
No brush. I drive it all the time
Love every minute of it:))

·
Registered
179 Posts
Time to say goodbye :eek:( After 10 years, I have finally sold my 840 :eek:( Its been the best car I have ever had. I bought it because every few weeks I drive between my two homes in NW England and NW Germany. When the car hit 20 years old, i decided it was no longer sensible to keep doing this all year round as a breakdown far from home is no fun. the last time it resulted in a week in a hotel awaiting repairs, and so I finally bought something modern. I used the car as a show car for a couple of years but I already have a 1960s show car which was my dads and I would never sell, so in the end I sold the 840. No doubt I will still occasionally log on and share my 10 years repair knowledge and I will certainly continue seeing those of you who attend local classic car shows.

Having sold my 840, I am now selling my style 8 E31 wheels. They came off an early 840 and are in surprisingly good condition. If you have a later 840 like mine then you need spacers to clear the larger Brembo brake calipers. If needed I have hub centric spacers, extended wheel bolts and a lock set available by separate negotiation.From memory about 10mm is needed to clear the calipers at the front which is visually unnoticeable. They are not needed at the rear. Continental Winter tyres on an E31 are amazing, without them the car is undrivable on snow or ice but with them it romped up mountains in Barvaria with no trouble. Grip in the rain is fantastic as well.

Glad to hear that you got it sold. I remember seeing it from time to time on carandclassic. Definitely looked clean and well maintained. Did you get the problem with the lights sorted and if so what was the cause?

·
Registered
618 Posts
I have very simple taste always satisfied with very best. Keep it nice and clean
Use it
Enjoy it

·
Registered
618 Posts
Beautiful Sunday
Testing new s20 + camera. Still 100 million years behind DSLR capabilities :)

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

2721 - 2740 of 2745 Posts