BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title guys, you can 100% trust these guys to deliver quickly, package arrived very quickly, will post again with pics when used but all in all a very easy transaction, thank you Johhny at Chipex :thumbsup

For those that haven't bought yet, Chipex have a 25% group buy discount which will be ending soon

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f4/chipex-group-buy-t64424/page4.html

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
As the title guys, you can 100% trust these guys to deliver quickly, package arrived very quickly, will post again with pics when used but all in all a very easy transaction, thank you Johhny at Chipex :thumbsup

For those that haven't bought yet, Chipex have a 25% group buy discount which will be ending soon

http://www.bimmerforums.co.uk/forum/f4/chipex-group-buy-t64424/page4.html
Did you ever use this stuff Lewy? If so, how did you get on with it?

Looking to get something to sort the millions of chips on the front of mine...

always good to get feedback from personal experience...

Cheers...
G.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I bought some a while ago. Been playing with it on and off (time....just never seem to have any!!) and i can honestly say that the kit is very good. Wasnt sure about the smearing instruction to begin with, but as long as you clean EVERYTHING out of the chip-invariably they end up catching wax/dirt/small children and sodding up the finish-then it works very well.

I've let mine dry for a few days and wet sanded a couple of chips to see if it makes a difference to the finish, but it seems to cope. :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Heh, no probs. I have to say, i can do greasy stuff like engines, gearboxes, suspension but bodywork just leaves me cold! The kit was really easy to use, the little dibbing sticks look a bit scary (embarrasing bodies styleee!!). Might be worth investing in some IPA (isopropyl alcohol) to clear out the chips of junk first.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
the little dibbing sticks look a bit scary (embarrasing bodies styleee!!).
LOL :lol

I'll definitely get me some... Ideally I want to get the whole car machine polished/paint corrected to remove as many of the smaller blemishes as possible but money determines when I can get that done... one of the few jobs I'd probably not tackle myself!! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts