BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny thing just happened to me (well I found it funny)

I'm hopefully arranging something with Steve (Steve23002 from the forum) so he sent me a PM with his number so we can chat this weeekend (I'm not the new buyer of his car incase anyone is thinking that.
I put it in my phone and sent a quick text so he would have mine, it was along the lines of:
'Hi Steve, this is Tom from bimmerforums, just so you have my number'

Within minutes I had a text back saying:
'Just to let you know you've sent your text to the wrong number'
So I re-checked and I'd put it in wrong :shifty:

How odd do you think it sounds from the strangers point of view? Sounds a bit like some dodgey forum hook-up no? :hihi
Also, how nice of a complete stranger to text back! I'd never have known I got the number wrong is they hadn't.

Reactions: steve23002

·
Registered
153 Posts
it was me who you texted hahaha just kidding mate

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think it's going too far to text back saying:
'Thanks for letting me know! By the way it's nothing dodgey, I'm straight...and perfectly normal' :hihi
?

·
Registered
7 Posts

I'm hopefully arranging something with Steve (Steve23002 from the forum) so he sent me a PM with his number so we can chat this weeekend (I'm not the new buyer of his car incase anyone is thinking that.
I put it in my phone and sent a quick text so he would have mine, it was along the lines of:
'Hi Steve, this is Tom from bimmerforums, just so you have my number'

'Just to let you know you've sent your text to the wrong number'

How odd do you think it sounds from the strangers point of view? Sounds a bit like some dodgey forum hook-up no? :hihi
Also, how nice of a complete stranger to text back! I'd never have known I got the number wrong is they hadn't.
:lol reminds me years ago I sent a a lewd text with animation to a wrong number...Supposed to be to a mate who wanted to forward it to someone else but I got a number wrong and sent it some girl instead......She took it well and said I could anytime :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

'Hi Steve, this is Tom from Bummerforums, just so you have my number Hansome!'

'Just to let you know you've sent your text to the wrong number but I dont mind ;-)'

HA HA HA Lewy you make me crack up!!!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
:lol reminds me years ago I sent a a lewd text with animation to a wrong number...Supposed to be to a mate who wanted to forward it to someone else but I got a number wrong and sent it some girl instead......She took it well and said I could anytime :thumbsup
I sent a text to a mate once, basically saying I wasn't free that evening because I was going to dump my girlfriend...

Sent it to her by mistake! :eek Although, it did end up saving me time :D

·
Registered
388 Posts
I sent a text to a mate once, basically saying I wasn't free that evening because I was going to dump my girlfriend...

Sent it to her by mistake! :eek Although, it did end up saving me time :D
Brilliant!

I still text some girl, that texted me by mistake about 5 years ago!
Nothing romantic, I'm a happily married. But sometimes I do like to imagine she's a supermodel and how much I would utterly destroy her! :thumbsup

1 - 11 of 11 Posts