BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as weve just had a baby boy my trusty 318 is isnt going to be too practical so after looking on ebay & auto trader for a cheap alternative i found a 99 e46 323i se on 18` alloys, full history longish tax & test , done a few miles but seems pretty straight £1395 & will give me a sensible price for mine too . :cool

·
Registered
387 Posts
as weve just had a baby boy my trusty 318 is isnt going to be too practical so after looking on ebay & auto trader for a cheap alternative i found a 99 e46 323i se on 18` alloys, full history longish tax & test , done a few miles but seems pretty straight £1395 & will give me a sensible price for mine too . :cool
that seems a good price mate.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines a m plate with 181k and pops out of 1st gear and hes giving me £150 less than i paid over 12 months ago ;) been a good car to me flew through last mot & the gearbox prob is not major only does it now &then as you pull away after that it is fine so i never bothered to sort it . but its time for a change to somthing a bit newer:D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i picked up my 323 yesterday , as promised he fitted a new rad :thumbsup so went for a bit of a drive to see what it was like . im pretty chuffed drives really well good performance no knocks or rattles , only a few minor bits to sort , as it was a trade back it needs a good wash & polish & valet inside too . the throttle is a bit stiff , the n/s front window sticks a bit when it goes over 1/2 way down , the alloys could do with a refurb , the drivers door speaker grille is missing & a couple of scabs on the rear arch but for the money its not bad at all & its got a full s/history most of which is bmw main dealer :cool will put some pics up soon.

·
Registered
387 Posts
oh yes gotta get the pics mate lol.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the fuel consumption has been off the scale this week :eek begining to think i`d bought a lemon ! but after a bit of investigation i found a split in the intake pipe where the servo pipe take off is . went to ocean bm and a new one was £11.80 , and my stiff throttle cable is £13 odd if the spray grease doesnt work :jaw-dropping checked my tyre pressurs too and they were all over the place from 18 to 26 psi !!:eek , been on a run to plymouth & back to see my boy in hospital and gone from 23.5 to 29.1 in one trip :thumbsup &it still needs a service so should be better still after that !!:hihi

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
been busy over the last few weeks, baby was born premature so been running to and fro hospital every day ,he`s home now all good :thumbsup put 2500 miles on the 323 since january :jaw-dropping but did an oil service and is now doing between 30 & 32 mpg pretty pleased with that :) had a week off on maternity / use up my holiday this week so have been busy on the bm . freed the stiff throttle cable , given the interior a good going over , it was absolutley filthy !:frown adjusted handbrake , fitted correct wiper blade to o/s new mirror glass for n/s lubed runners on n/s front window , seems a lot better but think the door card will have to come off for further investigation, touched in any stone chips , scratches & given a good polish. paintwork is not too bad but a lot of ingrained muck dont think it has been polished for years :frown think i will have to invest in a claybar . jobs left to do are rear o/s shock , front o/s rear wishbone bush ( doing saturday ) speaker grill , tidy up alloys , rust on rear arches ( will be done later in the summer )

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Jesus youve been busy with the car eh, and all your own work:thumbsup

Good news your wee mans home and all good, worrying time that:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheers , been a hectic cople of months but getting there now . does anyone know if the speaker grills on the front doors are available seperatley from bm or are they part of the door trim ?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
havent been on for ages :jaw-dropping a quick update on my 323 given the wheels a quick refurb , silver rim satin black centres . fitted 235 tyres on the rear 225 on front. polybushed the rtab's what a difference :thumbsup inspection2 new mintex front pads new handbrake shoes. fitted sony head unit with ipod & usb ports, replaced o/s front speaker grill (genuine bmw £6.90 !) oh & repaired scabby rear arches . so have been pretty busy:hihi thinking of upgrading sometime in the new year . been an exellent car over the last two years :cool

1 - 18 of 18 Posts