BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there all in new to this site and ive only really joined so i can pass on my recent triumph and give hope to anyone else. i drive a 99 323ci with 109k on clock and a decent service history but not main dealer.
i recently got my car up in the air just to check everything was ok and to my horror i saw the subframe mount to the rear had ripped out of the floor!!
a fried of mine told me about someone he knew that had the same prob and had it fixed free of charge by bmw, so off i went!! only to be told by a trainee sat receptionist that they knew nothing about this problem and if it was a bmw fault there wolud have been a recall on the car which there wasnt so off i went with my tail between my legs thinking of a massive repair bill :(
i googled the problem and found page after page of people that had had the same thing happen to them and they took it up with dealers and had the work done. i managed to find a fault code for the problem and foundout that bmw make a repair part for the floor. by this time the subframe was hitting the exhaust under acceleration so it needed sorting asap.
off i went back to the dealer with my new findings and saw someone that had dealt with a few of these before, the day after i was given a brand new mini for a month and was told that my car was gonna be repaired free of charge!!!!!!
its going to take 50 hours labour at dealer rates (£60) to fix and thats before parts. i am so happy with how the dealer has treated me in this and how they have dealt with the matter, there treating me no different to someone that has bought a £50k car from them.
just thought id post this on here incase anyone else encounters the same prob. cheers:hihi

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Cheers ricoe46, it is a common problem and surprising to hear that they did yours even though it wasn't full dealer service and was a 99, you had a damn good result there :thumbsup

Look like this :frown
View attachment 1913

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
A chap I used to work with had the same happen on his E46 323Ci.

At first our local BMW dealer refused to help, stating that he would have to pay for repairs. After collecting some evidence from the internet, he tried again, albeit it had a very hard time @ Sytners, after much arguing he got his point across and they fixed his car under without charging him, but most likely passing the repair bill onto BMW UK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my faith in dealers has been restored!! a ten year old car with over 100k getting warranty work done!!!
they even rang me thursday to go see the car and went through what they were going to do, seeing your pride and joy with no rear windows tailgate carpet interior rear axle petrol tank and no floor aint a good feeling lol!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sub Frame

Hi I'm having the same problem but my 328ci has only done 87k on a 2000 but BMW are saying that as it is over 10years they will not do it. I was advised to get an independent report done which said that this was not due to corrosion. But BMW are still not willing to do anything about it, what should I do? HELP please!

·
Premium Member
12,946 Posts
ya stuffed mate BMW will stick to the 10 year rule..

best ya can hope for is get a decent garage to weld it up about 500 quids usually the norm...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts