BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have a Sapphire black 53 plate 545i. Its completely standard from the outside except for the rear M spoiler and rear privacy glass. I am planning on getting the wheels refurbished when I take it in for a service in June. I was originally planning to just go with the original silver wheel colour but now I am wondering...how about having them done to match the bodywork?

Now, I've never modded a car in my life but for some reason I am really tempted to do this and also maybe replace the kidney grilles with black ones....what do you think? Worst comes to worst I get the wheels redone and put the grilles back....honest input appreciated - I've attached some pics to give you an idea....

View attachment 3645

View attachment 3646

View attachment 3647

·
Registered
236 Posts
IMHO I think yes to black grills.... whenever someone has done them on a black car they look great but a big NO to getting the wheels done black... Its a really classy motor and subtle with the tints/spoiler which look really smart so i dont think it needs the wheels done

(However some 22" black deep dish wheels would look :cool :hihi :hihi :hihi)

Very nice car mate :thumbsup

·
Registered
328 Posts
i agreed leave the alloys silver.. unless you are going bigger aftermarket one's. Problem is if you spray the wheels if will just make it look like you have had your wheel trim stolen! i was thinking of spraying my MV1's in gloss black...but talk myself out of it.

How about saving up and buying a set of aftermarket alloys in black with a polished rim, will look very smart on your car! ;)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/5 series with black wheels/htulekyan/IMG_0552.jpg

Will

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
black grilles can look great if they are done right. Black wheels though? I don't think they would look right personally. I toyed with doing black on my MV1's but after photoshopping it didn't look right. I even had a pop at just doing the spokes, but that too lacked the effect I was looking for. Silver works, and when all is said and done, if it works, why change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.