BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what this key is for ??. . . may be a simple answer but im not sure
iv recently bought an e36 328i and it came with 2 of these keys aswel as 2 normal keys and fobs.
its a sort of half circle simple key i thought it might be alarm or immobiliser but dont know where it goes and its bugging me now!!
Cheers guys!

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
Not standard, may be a aftermarket steering wheel lock possibly???? Strange? :confused Have you asked the previous owner?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont know who the previous owner is as i bought it of of a friend who had only had it 5 months and he didnt know what it was for !! il have another poke around today!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Does it have a sunroof??? My soft top has some strange bolts for opening it manually (can't think why you'd need them....), so perhaps this is to release the sunroof???

Although the steering lock sounds and idea, or is it perhaps for an aftermarket immobiliser etc., have you looked under the bonnet??

Tom

·
Registered
788 Posts
i would definately say that it is for a steering lock i used to do breakdowns for the aa/green flag and iv had to break a few off with that same shaped lock maybe the previous owner just didnt give the lock when they sold it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.