BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, hope all is well and thanks for reading my post.

Basically, I have an 04 BMW 1.8 petrol. Standard CD player in the back(changer)/dash. Firstly - the CD player in the front was happy playing Maxwell brand burned CD's - my CD changer however...no. Wouldn't recognise them. Then some weeks later - CD player in the front wont. I've tried different burning methods but yeah - it has seemingly retired from playing Maxwell CD's....however...

It will play the first track off a CD but wont play anything else off the CD and I get the disappointing "CD ERROR" display. BUT - it still plays an old and badly beaten CD I burned - a TESCO one. I mean the CD is FUBAR but it plays 7 out of 18 tracks and its in a shocking condition.

So that is my issue. I can't understand why my CD player changed - or the changer - I've done loads of reading and its an issue that does occur yet mine is somewhat different considering the player was ok then got the hump :p

Any help/advice is massively appreciated, thanks

·
Forum Chatbot
2,742 Posts
Hi

I would start with checking the writing settings for the computer burning them. I vaguely recall having a similar issue with it just playing the first track. Also I have used media brand tdk-r (minus r) without any issues in my 2002 e46. In case you don't know, there is a difference between - r and +r. I have a thread on here before I will try and find it.

·
Forum Chatbot
2,742 Posts
well after 23 minutes of pratting about with the forum search engine (on my Android phone which this site still doesn't work well with) I still cant find it but what software are you using?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey there, thanks for replying.

I only use windows media player - but I don't understand why it was playing the CD's fine then stopped - nothing has changed whatsoever. This is what baffles me with it.

The brand that was ok was Maxwell. Now, CD player will play the first track then Error the rest but like 3 weeks ago it was fine but nothing has changed. Weird thing

·
Forum Chatbot
2,742 Posts
Well, it is plausible windows has updated itself especially if Windows ten, and various settings have changed. I went through a process of writing down the settings and trial and error to find what works.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts