BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
that looks amazing...well for a day atleast, id love to come out to find i had to dig my car out of the snow would make my day, untill i had to start it atleast although i do feel for the ppl next to the water where the cars are now blocks of ice, imagine having to scrape that of with nothin else to use apart from a bit of plastic youve ripped out of your own dash

·
Banned
478 Posts
I love the snow indoors, If you don't want to go outside... bring the snow inside!:hihi

But some of them pictures are amazing, the icicles on the trees are stunning!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is what we have in Australia

Spare a thought for these folk
I do feel for the bad weather you are having there - I hate snow and cold. Climate change is resulting in warmer weather and less rain here - can't wash car except in a car wash for example. Over there, I don't know what is happening, I left UK when I was fourteen and can't remember snow...

If the north Atlantic current switches off (the Gulf stream), there will be a mass exodus over to here.

For us, January here has been one day after another with plus 30 temps and recently in the late 30s (in some places well over 100 F). I know it is nicer to be warm than cold, but the extreme weather has taken a tragic toll...

I know our Victorian bush fires have some coverage on news over there.

Death toll is now 175 and climbing, 600 homes lost, 4000 homeless. Many thought they could stay and defend their property.....

·
Registered
884 Posts

Death toll is now 175 and climbing, 600 homes lost, 4000 homeless. Many thought they could stay and defend their property.....
Aah, yes, the lesser-known maxim, "Fight fire with idiocy." :sarcastic

How in hell can anyone think they can defend anything from raging, out-of-control, wildfires?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Climate change is resulting in warmer weather and less rain here
Climate change over here has just led to wierd weather. It hardly ever seems to be summer for any time at all, at least where I live.

I know our Victorian bush fires have some coverage on news over there
That really is tragic, apparently some of the folk lucky enough to survive have no insurance so are left with nowt:frown

·
Registered
20,393 Posts

It has been on the news loads over here, it really is awful and I don't blame your PM when he says anyone found responsible will be done for murder.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Aah, yes, the lesser-known maxim, "Fight fire with idiocy." :sarcastic

How in hell can anyone think they can defend anything from raging, out-of-control, wildfires?
That has been the official policy for 20 years - Make the decision to either leave or stay and defend early. Only defend if you are prepared and have a fire plan. The problem was this fire was unprecendented, moving kilometres in literally seconds and having enough radiant heat to ignite houses without any flames...

I am sure they are now going to rethink this.

·
Banned
576 Posts
After the Canberra fires CSIRO scientists worked out that at one point the fire was moving through the pine forest at 250 kms per hour. I read today they have found 8 bodies clusterd around a baby they were trying to shelter. Some people will never be found as the heat was to intense.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts