BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The turbo went on my 320d 2005 after change turbo the car still smokes seems to go away when car gets warm done scan check AD61 aux water pump came up also 1.2and 3 glow plugs came up to also fogging sensor, would the aux water pump or glow plugs be the cause of this starts and runs fine turbo changed by garage two weeks ago had to fill with oil last night driving me mental. Any help be appreciated thanks in advance

·
Registered
111 Posts
I’d be more worried about the oil use than anything else but no I don’t think that the glow plugs or aux water pump would cause this.

I used to regularly have 3 or 4 glow plug warnings on my 330d and other than it starting a bit more rattlely on cold mornings there were no other symptoms.

Could it have been a swirlflap that took the turbo out? And damaged a piston crown / bore / glow plug on the way out maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Keep an eye on your oil level is the main thing but what was the consumption like before the turbo fail.
The smoke could well be a buildup of oil in the exhaust system that could take a while to burn off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts