BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whilst everyone off the forum knows me for doing doors the weekend as i work airside at heathrow airport week days,so im unable to do doorwork full time,last saturday one of my colleague had a mild heart attack whilst on duty on the door,just out of the blue,he started getting chest pains,sweating and started panicking,who could blame him,right...,we called for ambulance he got taken to hospital,word came back few days later that he has been on the roids and has been on it for years,this dude is huge,im talking 19 stone of water retention muscle,is it the society we live in that makes us want to look as intimidated as possible so no one gives us any crap or is it a case of us human beings trying to be something we was not engineered to be ? One thing is for sure, when we start re engineering our physique with the aid of drugs the out come is not always what we think it will be,like the dude in the clip..YouTube - sterorider (steroids) Greg valentino

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seen that clips about a year or so ago-I don't get why people do roids...makes your testicles shrink into peanuts apparently.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen that clips about a year or so ago-I don't get why people do roids...makes your testicles shrink into peanuts apparently.
yes thats true,it happens because as a male your body produces a hormone called testosterone at a balanced level in your testis,we see most of the changes as we hit our teens,thats all down to hormones,in boys its testosterone in girls its istrogen,we get spots,horny as anything,weve all been there,its the hormones kicking in ,what happens when bodybuilders increase the level of testosterone in their body ,their body shuts down the manufacturing of its own testosterone,as the brain is telling the testis ,look your over producing this hormone,so after years of their body not producing any as its got a excess level of it already,the testis shrinks,so much so that some pro body builders become infertile and unstable mentally and very emotional ..so yes you are correct steriods does shrink your balls,but it takes years for the process to happen..this is why some body builders use insulin instead of roids to gain mass..

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
I've known a few people on 'roids...

All I can say is, unless you want to talk like a girl, go bald early and have a heart attack in your 30's - DON'T DO THAT SHIT!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I've always thought it's a bit daft anyway coz, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to spend half your life in the gym anyway??
I realise it makes you that bit buffer but if you've got the drive and will power to go to the gym so often anyway you're gonna look pretty tough without cheating??
I did know a guy a few years older than me when we were kids who took them. I don't know if it was because he took them or why he took them but he was the thickest, stupidist, brain dead window licker you'd ever meet. He did look like a brick wall though and was always very angry but, quite brilliantly, he talked like pee wee herman!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
I've always thought it's a bit daft anyway coz, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to spend half your life in the gym anyway??
I realise it makes you that bit buffer but if you've got the drive and will power to go to the gym so often anyway you're gonna look pretty tough without cheating??
I did know a guy a few years older than me when we were kids who took them. I don't know if it was because he took them or why he took them but he was the thickest, stupidist, brain dead window licker you'd ever meet. He did look like a brick wall though and was always very angry but, quite brilliantly, he talked like pee wee herman!
I think it's the difference between being strong and looking strong. Unless you're on the roids, it's difficult to get massive.

Look at Janne Virtanen verses Marius Pudzianowski (excuse the spelling even more) to see what I mean.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I myself will defend steroids - WHY? you ask...

The reason is because the USER is irresponsible and should only use them for a 2-3month cycle then only use them twice a year.

3 Months on 6 Months off

So the rule on steroids don’t use them before 21 and don’t use them unless helped by a doctor!!!!

So kiddies stay away!!!:thumbsup

Small print - I dont condone the use of steroids to anybody!

~EDIT - That video he wasn’t using ROIDS he was using a synthetic substance which just filled the muscle with fat that took a long time to disperse

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
I myself will defend steroids - WHY? you ask...

The reason is because the USER is irresponsible and should only use them for a 2-3month cycle then only use them twice a year.

3 Months on 6 Months off

So the rule on steroids don’t use them before 21 and don’t use them unless helped by a doctor!!!!

So kiddies stay away!!!:thumbsup

Small print - I dont condone the use of steroids to anybody!

~EDIT - That video he wasn’t using ROIDS he was using a synthetic substance which just filled the muscle with fat that took a long time to disperse
Ignore the video, just stay off steroids. Anyone who thinks "they'll be ok" because they don't take "much" is gonna get a shock at some stage in their life...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
yeah you still have to pump the iron and eat like a horse to gain the mass,steriods just makes the healing process of muscle building quicker,thus why its used..each time you train your tearing that particular muscle tissue,so when it heals it gets bigger and scars up,normaly if you was doing bodybuilding naturally it would take few days for you to recoupe,steriods speeds the recoupe right up,but the negative side to building huge muscle is your muscle can only lift so much weight,so by you increasing the load beyond what your muscle can tolerate is the reason why you hear most body builders or strong man of the world having a torn muscle(dont get the torn of a muscle which usually requires small operation mixed up with tearing of the muscle tissue when you train,this happens in order so the muscle can heal and re grow making the muscle bigger everytime)the load is to heavy and the strain is too much so the muscle tears away from its natural place....

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
training makes the man and steroids dont,too many people claim to be an expert on the subject but know naff all really when all the information you need is at your own fingertips to build your own knowledge.there has never been a proven case ever of a bodybuilder dying on steriods unlike drink and drugs etc etc and regardless what people think they will always be part of the culture involved in bodybuilding when really you just need to bust your ass in the gym and just do it for yourself

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
there has never been a proven case ever of a bodybuilder dying on steriods
Mate, whatever you choose to do to yourself - don't try to fool anyone else.

Steriods are bad news - most people who take them don't realise until it's too late.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts

Steriods are bad news - most people who take them don't realise until it's too late.
Never said i took them or implied that i agree with them and people ask me all the time what to take and how much and i help them as its there choice and life and thats as far as it goes with the gear with me.i have been training for twenty years so have gained quite a bit of knowledge about the subject and merely made a true statement stating a fact and what people do is up to them and them alone.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

Yes your right - because the user did not research into it...

BUT take them right and you'll be fine...

like what the big man said its still you or I that have to lift the weight to get stronger/bigger quicker... Roids are not a get big ticket just a helping hand...

Roids are used with a few illness like HIV/AIDS (muscle wasting) so its not all bad if it keeps people alive from that.

·
Premium Member
4,132 Posts
Another one defending gear...:thumbsup Nothing wrong with it IMO. All depends on the end user. If someone wants to aid muscle build up or fat loss then go for it.

If you want to cheat and use them in sports etc then thats a bit of a NO NO!

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
Another defence having trained hard in the gym since I was 15/16 with my mates iv always had alot of go whilst been there managed to get the results I want I change my rutine all the time though winter I go heavy and go for mass summer I drop and do say 4 or 5 sets of 12/15 my mates on the other hand haven't changed ther routine ever and havnt got the results they wanted and turned to roids and got stupidly big but don't look good for it (kinda fat and blown up) wer as I have two other mates on roids who train like I do and are clued up and unlike me (I dot want to be a huge monster I just want to look muscular/ripped) they want to be huge but defined and they are and they have done it well with the right roids wer as the lads I train with haven't reserched got the best sounding roids and just doubled it up and look a mess

·
Registered
701 Posts
ive thought about it but never did them. not saying i never will maybe i will one time i dont see a problem with them tbh. a good mate of mine took them since he was say 16 hes a big lad now but not huuuuge. hes perfectly healthy no harm at all. he trains constantly so that will play a big aprt in it. hes tried explaining it all to me but i get confused very easy lol. not sure in the truth of it but theres certain types do certain things. some for building mass and some for keeping it at a level and aiding the natural building . well thats from his moputh not mine so dont go shooting the messenger lol

personaly the more i think i probly would use them if i could find the insdpiration to go to the gym just to build a bit size

1 - 20 of 53 Posts