BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I've searched the forum and can't find the answer so hope you all can help. I have a 2007. E90 318d .my dpf is not blocked no warning lights etc but I only do short trips school runs etc n.ever more than 6 miles. I have icarsoft bm2 which doses forced regen.has anybody used it and what precautions or other things like bonnet open or shut etc etc should I follow thanks in advance Roger.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi mate, you cannot perform a regen properly when you are stationary, the only way that this could be done is on a rolling road (which most people don't tend to have ?). The reason being is that the exhaust gas temperature will not get hot enough to burn off the soot efficiently. You need to get the car on a motorway or nice long A road with plenty of fuel in and try to keep it at 60 mph minimum for as long as possible. A regen generally takes about 15 minutes but it might not start straight away as soon as you're on the motorway, it wont just do one if it doesn't need to. You can send a regen request with your tool before you set off and it will start as soon as all the other regen criteria boxes are ticked such as coolant temp (has to be 75 degrees minimum). I use a mycarly to keep an eye on ours because it does get some urban useage. Never once had a warning light.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi guys I've searched the forum and can't find the answer so hope you all can help. I have a 2007. E90 318d .my dpf is not blocked no warning lights etc but I only do short trips school runs etc n.ever more than 6 miles. I have icarsoft bm2 which doses forced regen.has anybody used it and what precautions or other things like bonnet open or shut etc etc should I follow thanks in advance Roger.
I believe you can do 'active' regen, which is driving along a motorway under normal conditions, and the levels will decrease anyway, but less so than with a forced or full regen.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Yes diverman its a continuas regen with exhaust temps of 350 degrees a full regen of 600+ degree c it can be done on the standstill beleive it or not only with software i have activated mine on the standstill using disv57 and the temps have hit 550+ and droped back to 4mbar at idle

1 - 4 of 4 Posts