BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Staggered refers to different rim widths, front to back.

This is common in BMW's, where the rears tend to be wider than the front.

For example, on an E46, the MSports have a staggered set up; I may be wrong on the actual rim width, but the E90 is:

Front, 8J x 18" rim, tyres 225/40 x 18
Rear, 9J x 18" rim, tyres 255/30 x18

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
yes as i have 8.5 on the rear and 7.5 on the front.!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That`s what i thought, only my 330ci Msport has the same rims front and back using 235x35x19 tryes.

·
BFuk Moderator
2,680 Posts
That`s what i thought, only my 330ci Msport has the same rims front and back using 235x35x19 tryes.
Being 19" i guess they are aftermarket ones that have been fitted

Edit...just looked at your car details and they would be staggered MV1's when the car was new

·
Registered
728 Posts
It's not necessary that if the same size tyres are on the car that the wheels are not staggered. My e39 has 255/35/19 across all of the tyres but the backs are wider than the front (stretched tyres). It's pretty obvious if you look at the car from the side or back if the rear wheels are wider. In anycase many people do run a non staggered setup with no problem so I would not worry :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
It's not necessary that if the same size tyres are on the car that the wheels are not staggered. My e39 has 255/35/19 across all of the tyres but the backs are wider than the front (stretched tyres). It's pretty obvious if you look at the car from the side or back if the rear wheels are wider. In anycase many people do run a non staggered setup with no problem so I would not worry :thumbsup
i will second that:thumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts