BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys, been on here for a while now and thought it was about time i put some pics up:embarrassed well i gave her a wash earlier and took a few. sorry they are only camera phone pics but its all i have.
my intentions with the car are first off to get it immaculate, its nearly there and running super sweet now too.
then i intend to lower it a bit more(prob 10mm all round as i use it in the lanes etc cos i live in the sticks so cant sensibly go lower.)
im gonna build a nice exhaust for it as soon as ive got my feet under the table at work:lol
im gonna put a lighter flywheel on it and do the 325i intake manifold as soon as i can find a affordable one
i also want to get a m3 front bumper and gt splitter.

mods so far;
lockwood white dial kit
cdv delete
quickshift
17" wheels
budget lowering springs up front 30mm/standard rear
de-badged
satin black front grille

there will be some better pics to follow soon and as i do various things to it.
thanks for looking.............speerzie

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
true enough:thumbsup think i'll do it and see. will put pics up when they're done.

im on the look out for any relitivly cheap cosmetic mods(no not botox:hihi) any suggestions welcome.;)

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
today i de-lensed the headlights.
love them, they look so much cleaner and although its hard to tell in daylight i think they are a bit brighter.
im still unsure on the amber indicators, but think i prefer them to clear.

excuse the state of my garden, we're doing some work on the house and the scaffolders have trashed it.:frown

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fitted my starter button today:)(finally) after being too busy to do anything on the car for ages:frown
really pleased with it even though it has no benefit to the car i felt i needed to have one:hihi
fag lighter out

push button switch fitted in its place

all wired up and secured, gotta love cable ties:hihi

all back together:thumbsup

ive decided to change the switch to something more pleasimng on the eye soon but this one will do for now.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Looking good! Look forward to the updates!

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
spent my spare time this weekemd sorting both cars,
I bought some rear springs for the wifes car, used off ebay and cheap as she had a broken one, the guy i got them from said they were standard, when they turn uo they are red, any way long story short i now have lowered the back of my car and used my standard springs on the wifes car as she has e60 wheels and it cant be lowered.
was only going to be tempory but i love it. looks better and seems to drive nicer too.
:D

just need to find some bargain springs for the front now:shifty:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so after a freind breaking his '92 e36, at the same time as owing me money:lol, i have a few goodies to add to my car, ive been looking for a different bumper for a while now, and havent wanted to go m3 style as there are 2 or 3 in my area with them in the same colour, i prefer the pre facelift bumper to the later one so i took it off, preped it and sprayed it over the weekend, fitted it this morning.
also got carbon black badges, 6 month old lemforder wishbones, m3 mirrors which im not sure about and side skirts which are damaged but repairable.
going to be matt blacking the wheels very soon.

heres the before and after on the bumper anyway:
before

and after

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update time...... finally:hihi

Rust has got in the bottom of the drivers door and passenger side rear arch:mad

So today i decided to get the grinder out and make a start on getting rid of it and making the car respectable again, thought i would take some photos of the progress step by step and put it in my project thread since i havent posted here for ages.

Here is the offending rust patches
007.jpg
009.jpg
008.jpg

Got big Bertha on the job:hihi
019.jpg

Ground it all back to expose clean metal and remove any loose paint and flakey rust
010.jpg
011.jpg
016.jpg
017.jpg

Then all of the areas were treated with 2 coats of Rust treatment, 15 mins apart
013.jpg
014.jpg
015.jpg
020.jpg

The bottom of the drivers door has small pin holes where the rust has gone through, so I took the door card off and had a look, surprisingly it isnt too bad inside, so I cleaned it all up with 80 grit, treated it with rust treatment, and gave it a couple of thick coats of silver hammerite. should keep it at bay for a while now.
Hopefully I will get to preping it for filling and primer tomorrow, then work gets in the way untill next weekend but I will take more pics as I do bits and will keep the thread updated:thumbsup

Thanks for looking.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts