BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has tried the bosh super 4 spark plugs and if there worth the extra? or what peoples recommendadtions are?

Sorry if this is in the rong section, feel free to move mods :thumbsup

·
Registered
175 Posts
Personally don't like Bosch plugs...they seem to fail quicker than others...

If you want cheap use NGK
Better quality (the best IMHO) Denso Iridium...only watch out, failing coil packs don't like to provide the extra current needed for the high-energy spark delivered by these plugs and it will show up as a full-range missfire!

Reactions: DanBMW

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guy's.
Also when is the best time to change them, Ive heard at around 45-50k?

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I've just fitted Genuine plugs to the Zafira and I get my plugs for the Motorsport engine from the dealer too:thumbsup

All my other cars had cheap and cheerful spark plugs fitted to them:rofl

·
Registered
124 Posts
Coil packs

Hi there,

is there anyway 2 tell if the coil packs are poor/failing or not performing as well as they should. im thinking of getting a set of the denso iridium plugs mentioned in this thread. but if its an issue, ill just stick with something a little more standard

also, how much do they cost 2 replace

my car is a 1996 328i touring, manual. has 169,000 on the clock and drives very well, but needs a service now!

thanks for your advice folks

regards
bf

·
Registered
516 Posts
hmm i've just bought some bosch super plus, currently running ngk twin electrode sparks but all the dealers ahve recommended using bosch super 4's but im not paying £32 for a set of plugs. Ive got 6 bosch super plus plugs for £9.46 i was under the assumption that the bosch ones were better quality than the ngk but after reading this perhaps I'm wrong?
Anyways the reason I'm changing them if because there seems to be some sort of intermittent misfire under load. all the plugs spark fine when I tested them the earth pints are all strong so I am assuming the spark may be failing under compression. So sparks are being changed 1st then if that names no difference I'm gonna get a couple of coil packs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.