BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RIGHT then

haven't had a meet up with the southern peeps for a mile and a half.
SO

the plan is to meet and have a piss take and run around on August bank holiday MON

The route is still a bit un-planed at moment but i will be going from my house in basingstoke to portsdown hill then along southsea sea front stopping for scenic photos then up the a3 to BLAST hindhead tunnel and prob stop at guilford for dinner (ladymead burger king)

so for all those interested please reply below.

also anyone with any great detours please share.

cheers brian

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds like a great plan, i'm up for this.

At least one mate of mine and I could meet up at portsdown hill.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've been meaning to get to Hindhead Tunnel ever since i fitted my exhaust months ago!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tell 1 tell all!!!!

starting a list guys.
names and meeting points.

1. Skuzzbucket @basingstoke
2. dr Tazzle @ portsdown hill
3 m3318coupe @

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im up for and will meet at Portsdown hill along as I ain't got work and would be a good chance to get to know you guys and meet you

·
Registered
649 Posts
Sorry to hear the turnout was poor, I was away on holiday, I did hear the weather was iffy over the BH.......Perhaps we may get an Indian summer, If I'm not working I'll be up for meeting up....:D

·
Registered
143 Posts
Really sorry i couldn't make it, Klaus keeps overheating at the moment (viscous fan clutch gone) and couldn't risk the journey as i'm starting to worry about my head gasket.

As soon as i'm fixed up and she's all pretty again I'll be attending meets again!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Really sorry i couldn't make it, Klaus keeps overheating at the moment (viscous fan clutch gone) and couldn't risk the journey as i'm starting to worry about my head gasket.

As soon as i'm fixed up and she's all pretty again I'll be attending meets again!
Need a hand with that? Got the fan tool if you need it

·
Registered
143 Posts
Need a hand with that? Got the fan tool if you need it
In all likelihood, yes lol a hand would be greatly appreciated as i've neve done this job before. As i mentioned though, it'll have to be when my poor, unemployed self can scrape together the funds for the parts i need.

I'm going to have to take her off the road soon anyway as the tax, test AND insurance are all up at the end of this month and there's no way i can afford them all. Know any decent rental garages in chi?

·
Registered
284 Posts
In all likelihood, yes lol a hand would be greatly appreciated as i've neve done this job before. As i mentioned though, it'll have to be when my poor, unemployed self can scrape together the funds for the parts i need.

I'm going to have to take her off the road soon anyway as the tax, test AND insurance are all up at the end of this month and there's no way i can afford them all. Know any decent rental garages in chi?
Ouch! Bad times. I don't know any rental garages I'm afraid, I have two spare viscous couplings lying around, one off my car which I replaced because I took it out anyway and one on the 323 engine I have sitting around if you want them?

·
Registered
143 Posts
That would be incredibly helpful, thank you!!

Especially in the kind of heat like we've had yesterday and today (27+C), she's really struggling.

PM me and let me know whenever you're free and i'll try to get to you.

Thanks again mate! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts