BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys i missed all the big meets so wanna get something sorted for a local meet
im after ideas etc but will put this forward as an idea

a rolling road day here http://www.gotboost.co.uk/

there is a handfull of guys interested on a couple of other forums but i'd love to get maximum attendance
im thinking of one weekend in early september but thats all depending on whens good for the majority of people!

regards
lee

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'd be interested but it depends on my work
cool i'll update this thread with dates and timings and cost if enough people are interested in this rolling road day!
but going off previous organised events elsewhere that i've read we are probably looking at around £30 for a run with printouts etc

hopefully we'll get enough people interested to have a good meet and maybe even make it more of a regular occurance!

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm up for it if there's a few involved and we can get a rolling road run for a decent price :thumbsup

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm up for it if there's a few involved and we can get a rolling road run for a decent price :thumbsup
where looking at about 10 people interested at the mo across various bmw forums! (only just posted the threads today)
so hopefully we'll get a decent turn out
but if you guys know of anymore local bmw owners then give them a shout too!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok so if i was to provisionally say 3rd of sept who could make it?
been trying to ring the rr place but just getting an answer machine so gonna try their email!
and will get back to you all with prices etc

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I could probably do 3rd sept.. can't think of any reason why I couldn't anyway!!

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i got an email back from gotboost today and they can get us in for sunday the 4th sept

they sent me 3 big pdf files about it all but the highlights are that you must all turn off traction control
and their dyno gives the readout at the wheels so it will be wheel horse power results

heres the bit ref prices

Club Days If you are part of an organisation/club/forum, why not arrange a Club Day where you and your friends can benefit from great discounts. Power Runs on a Club Day are the same as a Basic Power Run ( HP TQ AFR ) and priced as follows –
5-10 vehicles - £40 each 10-20 vehicles £35 each – Organiser gets his/her run for FREE 20-30 vehicles £30 each – Organiser gets his/her run for FREE
We require a £100 booking deposit for all club days, and confirmed numbers attending at the time of booking, we request that the organiser collects full payment from all club members prior to arriving, to confirm and receive the above discounts.

if anyone wants any more info let me know and i'll email you the pdf's if your interested
im not fussed about getting a free run so will quite happily split the difference to make it that little bit cheaper for all
but as above it changes from 40 to 35 if we have over 10 people so im gonna need names

so i'll start it off

1. m44lee 318is

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so now looking at 4th sept as thats when they can get us in!
aswell as the rolling road a few have mentioned coming for the meet but are not interested in the dyno run so add your names as appropriate:thumbsup

dyno run (details and prices on 1st page)

1.m44lee - 318is
2. dean - 328ise (pbmw forum)

just for the meet no dyno run

1. escy - acs convertible

·
Registered
503 Posts

1.m44lee - 318is

2. hontoir - 320Ci (Provisional as I might be away)

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I'm out guys, mate's got his call for the army and leaves on the 5th so going out on the pi$$ on the 3rd, won't be in any fit state to drive on the Sunday.. sorry!

·
Registered
503 Posts

1.m44lee - 318is

Sorry lads, I am back down in Southampton now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts