BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my brother purchased an E92 325i 06 today - it looks in great shape but has a slight oil leak (120k), we plan to replace all of the following engine gaskets:

Valve Cover Gasket (+ aluminium bolts?)
Oil Filter Housing Gasket
Oil Filter Cooler Gasket
Oil Pan Gasket (+ aluminium bolts?)

I'm having trouble finding decent online sellers for most of these parts - I've found a few links on ebay that state they are OEM but I'm not 100% sure.

Does anyone have links for the above 4 gaskets? Or should I go direct to BMW?

Also if there are any other seals/gaskets that need replacing at the same time like the oil level sensor seal, any links for those too would be great.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
845 Posts
You bought it then!

I’m no expert but for those kind of items I’d just go direct to BMW.

Cotswold BMW do discount for members on this forum, or at least they did. Might be worth contacting them?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You bought it then!

Cotswold BMW do discount for members on this forum, or at least they did. Might be worth contacting them?
Yes haha - despite the advice of several people on here! We couldn't find a single fault with the car, looked great in person, fully specced out with Xenon's, leather, M sport alloys etc. Drove great too, steering felt tight, clutch was good, engine pulled strongly.

Makes me miss my E90 320i a bit, I'm in a 350z atm and the sound difference was one of the biggest things for me. Despite the car being a 2.5L straight six, it's practically silent! Whereas my 3.5 V6 (with HFC) is stupidly loud

Anyway, pretty sure once we've done these gaskets the car should be golden - apart from the oil pan gasket replacement like a massive PITA.

Thanks for the advice - I'll give BMW a call tomorrow/monday.

·
Registered
868 Posts
You bought it then!

+1 Follow Chris's advice. I've heard stories of aftermarket gaskets (particularly for the OFH) going brittle ahead of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts