BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I've been a member on here for ages as a casual reader since owning an e86 Z4 way back. That's long gone unfortunately but I've recently embarked on a project car build using mainly e46 donor parts except the engine and gearbox which is an e36 M52B28 and so hopefully I'll now be able to benefit from all the knowledge and expertise available on here to help get me up and running.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Payno, It'll eventually be a new version of the Dax Rush. Dax sold the project last year to a company in Leeds called MAN Motorsport who are evolving the car into something a bit more up to date. The new prototype chassis only came of the jig last week and once that's been through QC and built up in to their demo car they will then start producing customer cars. The demo car will have e46 M3 running gear, engine and gearbox. It's a bit of a beast. I want something a bit more manageable hence the 2.8 lump.

Cheers

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a car weighing less than 600kg should be good fun. My biggest concern is getting the engine going in a standalone mode with most of the ancilliaries removed but using the BMW DME. I'm gonna start trawling the electrical forum!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts