BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A old bloke knocked on my door earlier when i was in bed and r lass answer and he said my E36 was a minter ands he really loves it as he has a 4 door saloon and he asked r lass if i could goto his house and discuss a payment for it as he would really like to buy it :eek

·
Platinum BFuk Member
951 Posts
Time to hide the keys to be on the safe side. Could be gypos as afcneal says.
You could always try your luck though and say you want 3.5k for it. He´ll be sour when he drives past again and sees you replaced it with an M3 for his 3.5k.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lmao could do I dont think the gypsys are stupid enough to try and fiddle me i know most of them but apparently thids guy was well dressed and had a few teeth missing and spoke in a very good manner but never jusdge a book by its cover I might go drive past his house and flaunt my car off :D

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
By definition, Gyppos are transient so any newly arrived would not necessarily be know to you. Smartly dressed with dodgy teeth = dodgy geezer where I come from!!

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definatly and there are a couple of plonkers living 2 doors down from me who collect scrap metal and leave it all over my drive B$£"ards i may try and blag 3k out of him and get a nicer m3 :D

·
Super Moderator
12,946 Posts
pikey sort doing a recce to turn ya house over in the future get inside disscus payment then ask to use you toilet and weigh upstairs up while he's there...

come back rob ya house throw all the booty in ya car and drive off with the lot..

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
slightly against the run of the thread but if you've got family in the house I wouldn't hide the keys, hopefully it's nothing but if someone's going to break into your house to get the keys for your car and then can't find the keys, what's to stop them from going a step further and coming up to rough you up to get hold of the keys. Just a thought but I leave my keys downstairs at all times, not anywhere near the door or in full view but if someone does break in for the keys then at least they'll spot em and hopefully bugger off without causing actual harm to the Mrs or me.

Hopefully it's nothing though mate :thumbsup

Bloody pikeys

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
To be fair he might just be a enthusiast wanting a nice car! If your car is genuinly mint then fair enough! Iv had someone come and ask me about my old Audi followed me from guisbrough to ayton as well (4 miles) to ask me about it for his son he was in a new passatt at the time and was/seemed very genuine! Offered me 5k up front saying he making the offer on the Basis that he followed me home along country roads no one was infront of me and I neve went over 60 and was gentle round the bends and the car was immaculate and no smoke from the back and wanted to know the miles and mot as well

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well if he can't get hold of your car keys at least you can expect him back in the near future offering to Tarmac your drive on the cheap :thumbsup

·
Registered
701 Posts
as nail says it could be totaly inosent. ive done it befor and im no pikey lol. i actualy bought my old xr2i from some random bloke. seen it on a drive and it was a clean motor so knocked on the door and had a chat. he wasnt advertising it but i ended up striking a deal with him

·
Registered
390 Posts
This has dodgy wrote all over it,there is enuff 328 bimmers for sale in the ad's and i defo wouldnt let no 1 in my house to try give it a scope over even if it all seem's ok but then again once they see my pooch they wouldnt want to try...

Does no 1 watch the real hustle on how easy it is to rip people off.aint hard to hire a half decent looking car and just pop by someone's house to scam them....

Ok this might be all cool but id defo wouldnt take the chance and id be watching everything coming and going in my street but then again i have a couple nosey neighbours that would notice if anyone came near my car whilst i was out without the car..

And if he does come by with money to buy your car make sure you check the note's as could be fake

·
BFuk Mankini Crew Member #1
1,885 Posts
I always check notes and inwouldnt let them in my house full stop the paper work gets filled in outside after the money has been handed over! If it's pissing down in the car or garage providing everything worth nicking is in the shed locked in my metal fireproof container (nicked it from work) which it normally is unless iv been lazy and just carted it into the garage

·
Registered
701 Posts
the bloke doesnt want to go in his house he would like him to go to his home.if your intrested in selling pop round with a big mate without your car have a chat then see what you can get from it
as above check notes.

i wouldnt sell it thou as it is a very nice example

·
Registered
71 Posts
damn beaten to it

A old bloke knocked on my door earlier when i was in bed and r lass answer and he said my E36 was a minter ands he really loves it as he has a 4 door saloon and he asked r lass if i could goto his house and discuss a payment for it as he would really like to buy it :eek
Think you guys miss-read the OP's first post! I think it could be legit. Whats the worst that could happen if you go to his house (obviously take a big friend with you) you might make a good profit and be able to buy a nicer motor!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts