·
Banned
478 Posts
:lol

That MR2 looks nothing like an M1!

·
Platinum BFuk Member
588 Posts
There was a worse car than that on AutoTrader last week - a metallic orange 328, with a huge bodykit that didn't look designed for a bmw, a yellowy interior and center exit drainpipe exhaust. And the guy wanted over 2k for it...

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
There was a worse car than that on AutoTrader last week - a metallic orange 328, with a huge bodykit that didn't look designed for a bmw, a yellowy interior and center exit drainpipe exhaust. And the guy wanted over 2k for it...
Can just imagine his advert reading something like;

....... £2.5K respec bruv - innit

instead of £2.5K ono lol

·
Registered
884 Posts
What is it with people destroying cars with these hideous and tacky looking spoilers?

Who can possibly think they look good?

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
What is it with people destroying cars with these hideous and tacky looking spoilers?

Who can possibly think they look good?
Has to be the the max muppets genere. Honestly don't know how people can think '[email protected]' a car makes it look cool or retain value.

Trouble is I always try to keep my original, just spending the money on either subtle handling and braking enhancements if not replacing with direct OE parts.

I personally find unmolested original cars gorgeous. Even looking at E36 M3's with the E46 M3 replica wheels or those horrid crystal headlights makes me skip straight past the adverts lol.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Has to be the the max muppets genere. Honestly don't know how people can think '[email protected]' a car makes it look cool or retain value.

Trouble is I always try to keep my original, just spending the money on either subtle handling and braking enhancements if not replacing with direct OE parts.

I personally find unmolested original cars gorgeous. Even looking at E36 M3's with the E46 M3 replica wheels or those horrid crystal headlights makes me skip straight past the adverts lol.
Indeed. Although I'll give A20 RYM's coupe the nod, it looks the bollocks. Having said that, it still looks very obviously like an E36 BMW 3 series.

But yeah, in general, the Corsas and Puntos and things you see with whaletails and headlight 'conversions' look utterly ridiculous. You frequently can't tell what kind of actual car it is. Furthermore, the amount they must spend on mutilating them like that must mount up to enough to buy an actual decent car, like a BMW.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Indeed. Although I'll give A20 RYM's coupe the nod, it looks the bollocks. Having said that, it still looks very obviously like an E36 BMW 3 series.

But yeah, in general, the Corsas and Puntos and things you see with whaletails and headlight 'conversions' look utterly ridiculous. You frequently can't tell what kind of actual car it is. Furthermore, the amount they must spend on mutilating them like that must mount up to enough to buy an actual decent car, like a BMW.
without sounding like im sucking up, which i aint, Rym's car is nice and subtle changes (apart from the engine) have made it really nice. Of course, the 20" rims stand out, but i have always stood by the fact a good set of alloys really change an appearance of a car. Hence my car!:thumbsup

Im sure he could have made it look stupid like most of the corsa boys cars, and im sure if he was 18 he would have, but no, that sort of modification is on any car is nice, but giant spoilers and exhausts to me... well, they must be making up for the lack of manhood:hihi

·
Registered
788 Posts
after reading these posts i must be 18 lacking enthusiasm got a small dick and got no taste lol, well i did not see 1 tastefull car in them pictures but i do modify cars including my own and i dont fit anything that looks like it came of an aeroplane , i do it because i like it and dont like standard i like individuality not to everyones taste but its my car not anybody elses.

·
Banned
478 Posts
:lol
Naa, you've got me wrong mate, your car is sound. That exhaust suits your cars style, you could have whacked an eff off spoiler on it but it looks good as it is. It looks proporsionate to your car, it doesnt look out of place if you know what i mean.

Heres what i mean....

·
Registered
2,255 Posts

They do spends 'thousands' with ease, its reported every month no doubt in max muppets. Plus they never stop, they also do the same parts over and over as they get outdated or bored lol. Ah well, I always get a kick out of it on the road, as I always make sure they see me laugh at them when drive past :D

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i would love to for one day work at one of these companies who sell this crap, taking the order i would be hyterical, YES SIR AND WHICH TYPE OF CAR DO YOU HAVE SO WE CAN SEND YOU THE CORRECT PRODUCT,,,, they must be pissin themselves, YES WE CAN CONFIRM YOUR PRODUCT IS IN STOCK WELL EVEN THROUGH IN EAR DEFENDERS SO YOU CANT HEAR THEM LAUGHING AS YOU GO DOWN THE ROAD ,HAHAHAH LOL

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
Tell you what, we all have different views as to tasteful and subtle mods, not seen anything on here IMO without merits, whether to my taste or not.

BUT, and I think we all agree on this one;

THERE IS NOTHING TASTEFUL, SUBTLE, OR WORTHY OF MERIT ABOUT THE ABSOLUTE TAT WITHIN JIMMY'S COLLECTION OF AUTOMOTIVE TOSH.

FUNNY AS THOUGH.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Tell you what, we all have different views as to tasteful and subtle mods, not seen anything on here IMO without merits, whether to my taste or not.

BUT, and I think we all agree on this one;

THERE IS NOTHING TASTEFUL, SUBTLE, OR WORTHY OF MERIT ABOUT THE ABSOLUTE TAT WITHIN JIMMY'S COLLECTION OF AUTOMOTIVE TOSH.

FUNNY AS THOUGH.
IMO cars are dressed up too much by some people, maybe to get exclusivity, i dont know. I love modified cars, dont get me wrong, but a badly done one as you say is absolutely crap! IMO its like the owners are wearing a gimp suit on wheels, and i just laugh at em!

I dont read max power or redline or anything like that, i read Practical performance car, maybe that says a lot about the cars i like, but no, a modified car can look amazing, but if done badly, is terrible.

·
Registered
6,636 Posts
I dont read max power or redline or anything like that, i read Practical performance car, maybe that says a lot about the cars i like, but no, a modified car can look amazing, but if done badly, is terrible.
Have you read 'Retro Cars' magazine ? Some great tastefully modded stuff in there.

·
Banned
478 Posts
yes i have read that in the past, i have kept an issue that i had years ago, it was a late '70s opel kadett with a tuned up starion engine in it, it look the dogs...

I like that sort of thing though. It sparks controversy amongst owner clubs when you perform an engine transplant in old cars, that improves the car, and the tasteful mods gets on their wick aswell, but why? cars are for driving and if you find away to improve the ride to suit you then thats your right to do so! when i owned my reliant scimitar, a owners club member huffed and puffed at me, when i said i was thinking of fitting polybushes, to improve the handling! Daft i say!

·
Registered
753 Posts
I've noticed lately with the price drops the e36 has become a bit of a chavmobile, especially round my way with faded red 316's covered in m badges and dustbin exhausts and another 318 with an EVO 5 style spolier for example. I know my E30 sport has a scorpion DTM exhaust on it but its not exactly a 6 inch tube sitting underneath a rear bumper which looks like its been cut with a blunt pair of scissiors lol. Its Really annoying as e36's are cracking cars for the money and they are being ruined. I know everyones tastes are different but there is modyfying and then there is butchering lol.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts