BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I’ve been suffering from poor boost at the low revs and been advised to change the solenoids.

Been quoted £450 but am pretty hands on so want to attempt myself. Is there a guide or a book (searched amazon) that can show how to do this? My engine is a 335d and believe they’re hidden somewhere but can’t see where.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,043 Posts
Or you could renew all the vacuum hoses first and if it doesn't cure things the solenoids can be tested/activated separately with diagnostics to see if they are working or not.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah vacuum hoses replaced. Ah okay so they can be tested through diagnostics...will a fault code appear? Only issue is that the boost is temperamental so sometimes it’s okay other times it’s not.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had boost issues on my 635 and it was the main vac pipe to the small turbo reservoir. When the pipes were done did they remove the manifold and do the ones hidden by it? The pressure converters are a common failure and not bad to change, just fiddly.
Cheers
Jim

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim I’ll check with the garage that did the work. I’m pretty sure they did though. They wanted to do them first before doing the solenoids to keep the costs low.

I’ve taken the cover off the engine but can’t see where the pressure converters/solenoids are...are they well hidden?

I’ll try and upload the photos here

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts