BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and replaced it with, yes, another BMW:D

a 540 touring, 6 speed manual. exactly the spec i wanted pretty much but needs quite a bit of tidying up so i got it cheap. no pics yet as i have a few things to sort on it this weekend. FOund the original bill of sale in the SH for £53,255!!!! ouch indeed!

Got ok'ish money for the 530D but no one wants the manual ones really so it was hard to sell.

loving the V8 though, it has a full Janspeed exhaust on it and sounds like a Nascar. awesome!

going from 45mpg to 22 hurt this morning though :lol2

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Deano - you could go for a LPG conversion - I met a taxi driver with a 540 with 440,000 miles on the clock running on LPG ... have a look at http://www.professautogas.co.uk/ - excellent LPG conversion prices and very knowledgeable - they also run a 540 on LPG. (I used them for my 530i :))

Reactions: Deano16v

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
Shucks and I was going to ask for the EGR bypass before you sold it :shifty: :hihi

Hate selling cars, always seem to get far, far less than you know its worth, anyway Deano looking forward to the pics of your 540i :cool :thumbsup

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its not all bad-it did 18mpg on the way home from work today :lol2

the bodywork isnt great but i aint fussed about that to be honest. The wheels are badly corroded but mechanically its great. its only done 74k so not even run in, it even came with a private plate so when i update the front end it'll look great.

Only thing i cant get used to is the servotronic steering. Its taking a bit of getting used to. the double glazing, 10 speaker hi-fi (it even has them in the ceiling) and the V8 are all very nice though :yes

I might LPG it but a conversion is about 2k and no where finances them.

·
Bfuk Legend
5,675 Posts
couldnt have you stealing all the fuel and having all the fun on your own raffa :lol2

Its not quite an M5 but its a step in the right direction.and it was cheap :lol
mate
if its got 8 its all good in my books:thumbsup:thumbsup

Tell you what Deano we could drain a few tanks at the meet if were carefull, nealp probably fills his, i,ll bring the tool to ensure quick removal:hihi:hihi:hihi:hihi

·
Uber Platinum BFuk Member
1,133 Posts
I loved my dads 540i touring... pulled so well, shamed alot of cars at the lights :hihi and you got a manual one! i would love to have a go of that bet it flys! nice one mate :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 38 Posts