BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, not been around on here for a while now. Busy with work etc.
anyways, regrettably i had to sell my 330ci as i need something a wee bit cheaper to run, so, i went and picked up an E39 530d this morning and am actually pleasantly surprised with it. Its a manual too which i believe is fairly rare. theres a few things wrong with it that i need to sort (mirror doesnt dip in reverse/no cd changer/no reverse sensors/needs a service etc etc). best bit is though that its just had 1200 quid spent on a new turbo, EGR etc etc so no woories there fingers crossed.

·
Bimmerforums Central
8,030 Posts
hey guys, not been around on here for a while now. Busy with work etc.
anyways, regrettably i had to sell my 330ci as i need something a wee bit cheaper to run, so, i went and picked up an E39 530d this morning and am actually pleasantly surprised with it. Its a manual too which i believe is fairly rare. theres a few things wrong with it that i need to sort (mirror doesnt dip in reverse/no cd changer/no reverse sensors/needs a service etc etc). best bit is though that its just had 1200 quid spent on a new turbo, EGR etc etc so no woories there fingers crossed.
Welcome back mate :hihi :thumbsup

Sounds a good buy to me!

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its much more comfortable but its on 16" with 55 section tyres so was always going to. its a bit more wallowy and not as sharp and is much quieter. the engines great, very punchy but its not a patch on the 330.
the 330 is a fair bit quicker but the d is a lot easier to drive. i do miss all the sport extras though, especially the steering wheel and seats.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I was only thinking yesterday that you'd been a bit quiet lately, I saw you were online yesterday but from reading this today it explains it!

Welcome back Deano and congratulations on the new car :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Fair play, the E39 5 series is one of the best quality cars that BMWs ever made to date and the 530d is a fine car.

At least you know about the faults, its nice when people are honest and its something you can arrange to get sorted without much hassle.

Get some photos up mate and enjoy the car :thumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.