BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after the pug goes, I'll need a car. so last night I bought one.

I wanted to buy something a bit fun and nippy for until the beemer gets on the road, was thinking of getting a compact or 318is...

So anyway, I went to the auctions yesterday, and at the evening one I couldn't resist a bargain and so I bought my replacement car.

Or should I say, ka. :rofl was stupidly cheap so I couldn't resist. Though I'd start a little thread so everyone can give me s**t for buying one :hihi

Had one last year, but this one is higher spec so its an upgrade :rofl

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
OMFG:lol

If (it would never happen) I ever owned one of them then I would not admit to it:lol:lol:lol

At least it will make you get the Beemer finished quicker:cool

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well to be honest, its mot til end jan '10, tax til sept, 85k, cd player, central locking, pas, colour coded, immobiliser, both keys and some history and manuals.. paid £248 including indemnity fee.

needs tappets adjusting so when I pick it up tomorrow I'll do them before I drive it home. If it all works out then I won't fail to make a little bit on it

·
Registered
100 Posts
Im sure you would make on it, even if it turns out to be a bag of s**t then you would break it and get ya cash back.

Sounds like a good fine, nice one :thumbsup

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its bright red. needs a polish but will come up nice.

Has two aftermarket remote locking fobs, they light up on the fob but don't do anything so its a bit odd.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow lunch so will get some pics up. I know you all want to see its throbbing pushrod powerplant.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll se how i get one. sounds like its got one tappet thats out quite a bit, got a slight clack coming from the rockers. Even if the engines buggered (which I doubt as they're usually bulletproof) a replacement one will only cost me bout £50

·
Banned
478 Posts
they look like an egg....

and the engine is based on a 30 odd year old ford kent valencia engine... :eek

reliable but damn its noisy... you'll probably find there isnt much wrong with the sound of yours to be honest... but watch out for a slightly bent pushrod, a sure sign of abuse/over revving... not the end of the world though...

not that bad though given the length of the ticket...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Insurance wouldn't cover it, plus it would defeat the object of getting the car. Think I might have sourced an low mileage engine for £60, just waiting to hear back from them. Meant to be in uni today but got some work to catch up on and might pull the engine out today too.

Could have done without having to do this cos I want to get the beemer finish soon as I can :(

·
Registered
704 Posts
well to be honest, its mot til end jan '10, tax til sept, 85k, cd player, central locking, pas, colour coded, immobiliser, both keys and some history and manuals.. paid £248 including indemnity fee.

needs tappets adjusting so when I pick it up tomorrow I'll do them before I drive it home. If it all works out then I won't fail to make a little bit on it
Nice buy...

... for a woman. Oh well at least you man-enough (either/or stupid) to admit it. Nice to see you're THAT comfortable with your sexuality. >.<

You Go Girl!

;) haha

PS Sorry to read that it's a heap'o'shit surely the badge told you that in the first place ;) heh just kidding... or am i!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts