BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Platinum BFuk Member
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, we're getting a small car for the Mrs on a business lease for 2 years, the idea is that the car will be fully sign written for our serviced offices company and so a complete tax write off. The car will only do about 10 miles a day (if that) and will need to be an auto as I can't get my Mrs to learn in anything else!

Cheapness is the word here and I've been looking at the Citroen C1 (cue the 'don't go for french cars' comments :rofl). Please remember, we don't really care about quality of build as it's only going to be on a 2 year lease and so it'll always be within warranty. Not fussed about economy to a certain extent as it's never going to get up to any real speeds - it'll sit in traffic for most of the miles that it does anyway.

Sooo, we just want a motor that is full of gadgets on the inside, pretty to look at or as my Mrs would say 'has a happy face' :hihi and just generally a fun little motor - but CHEAP! :D

Ideas are very much appreciated.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nissan Micra :hihi or Toyota Yaris :thumbsup

Reactions: Lewy_T

·
BFUK Meets Organiser
1,167 Posts
toyota iq or yaris, fiat 500, citroen ci...the choice is endless but does depend on spec and how much you wanna spend Lewis:thumbsup

·
Registered
6,989 Posts
toyota iq or yaris, fiat 500, citroen ci...the choice is endless but does depend on spec and how much you wanna spend Lewis:thumbsup
As Nick says, the choice is massive - if you are only keeping it 2 years, you don't worry about economy, the build quality and it's under warranty, get the cheapest..... :thumbsup

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was actually looking for a small car for my GF too!
I've been thinking 2 cars, Fiat 500 and Smart fortwo.
Smart is slightly more expensive than Fiat 500, I think (also depends on options) both cars are very small and I personally think they both look nice.
My girlfriend wants smart only cus she wants to park perpendicularly (not even sure if that is legal? :confused) so i was like.. oh yeah..:eek

Here are some facts on safety features and ratings on the cars you are probably looking at buying
Models / Fiat 500 / Smart fortwo / Smart forfour / Toyota IQ / Nissan Micra
NCAP
Adult / 5 star / 4 star / 4 star / 5 star / 5 star
Child / 3 star / No rating (2seater) / 2 star / 4 star / 4 star

Reactions: Lewy_T and Ronnie

·
Registered
153 Posts
you can have a look more at Euro NCAP website,
i'll give you some list of small cars I can think of.

Mitsubishi i-MiEV
Suzuki - Swift
Audi A1
Chevrolet Spark
Citroen C3
Citroen C-zero
Citroen DS3 (pretty)
Honda Jazz
Hyundai i20
Nissan Juke (a bit big)
Toyota iQ
" Prius
VW Polo
Chevrolet Matiz
Fiat 500
Ford Fiesta
Ford Ka (don't recommend)
Hyundai i10
Kia Rio
Mini cooper
Vauxhall Corsa (VXR?)
Renault Twingo
Seat Ibiza
Smart fortwo, forfour
Suzuki SX4

etc..

Good luck!! :thumbsup

Reactions: Lewy_T and Ronnie

·
Registered
374 Posts
My misses has a Micra and must say i was impressed with it when she got it,air con mulitfunction wheel and an aux port on the head unit plus other goodies good spacious car and tbh the wee 1.2 is nippy and my misses says hers look happy and dubs it betty lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,871 Posts
You may say a Citroen reliability doesn't matter, but if it's signwritten what's the point of an advert noone sees because it's in a workshop? They're unreliable crap - end of!

Yaris for style and comfort, but Micra is very wel lequipped and as reliable if not more. Only downside with the Micra is the image is a bit 'old'?

New model Fiesta seems to get good reviews and I like the look of them?

·
Registered
2,011 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
GF's also jus got a newish micra, feel spacious inside for what it is an generally jus an alrite car :thumbsup

1 - 20 of 25 Posts