BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just wondering if any of you could estimate a re-spray cost.. There is small marks on the wing, just above the wheel, about 8-10 CM long.

it's a gold 3series .

Anyone know the cheapest option to get this sorted?

Thanks!

Bugsy!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
may be better off trying the likes of 'chipsaway'. They are pretty good as this sort of thing and convinient to use.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, just checked their website - looks like they offer a good service!!! Will give them a ring Monday for a quote and let you know.

Another aesthetic repair question - The bloody casing on my wing mirror just fell off as I turned it inwards while parked and as it hit the ground, a little 2cm x 2cm chip came off.. So the top of it is chipped.

I'm guessing I'd have to go to BMW to get the outer case replaced, right? How much do you think that'll cost??

Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Thanks man, just checked their website - looks like they offer a good service!!! Will give them a ring Monday for a quote and let you know.

Another aesthetic repair question - The bloody casing on my wing mirror just fell off as I turned it inwards while parked and as it hit the ground, a little 2cm x 2cm chip came off.. So the top of it is chipped.

I'm guessing I'd have to go to BMW to get the outer case replaced, right? How much do you think that'll cost??

Thanks again!
I have never used chipsway away myself as I've never needed any paint work doing, but seen them in action at my local independant garage and also a number of people on the Jaguar forum have used them and been very happy with the service, repair and cost.

As for the casing, try sourcing on from the likes of a breakers like F.A.B Direct and Quarry motors.

The Chipsaway people may even be able to repair the casing by filling the chip and then painting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.