BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello the last 2 or 3 days when sleeping on my ear left side i go deaf over night about 50% I cant hear also ringing sounds. It clears up after 1 or 2 hours once I've woken up after. Then it clears right up after no problems.

I've never had this problem sleeping on my ears on pillow before. Im going to the doctors this week but thought I'd just ask anyway on here.

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
Just sounds like catarrh to me, I often get a blocked ear over the winter after a bit of a cold, it will go eventually, always clears a while after getting up anyway as you say.

If you really don't think it's that, then book an appointment with a nurse at your doctors and get your ear 'syringed' - it will clear all the wax etc thats in there, might find some big bits! I have it done every 3 years ago, it's amazing much better you can hear afterwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You coming down with something?I would think its the tube that runs from your ear to your throat been blocked up-its like a pressure release valve and if blocked will affect your hearing quite severely usually happens when you are coming down with a cold or flu.
Could just be a build up of wax too,happens with age-doctor will probabaly syringe your ears...then you'll hear everything crystal clear for a few days

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
A spider has crept in is my guess :D

Good luck with the doctors, I suggest catching a fly, putting it into the fridge till it goes to sleep, then baiting the spider with it till he comes out for lunch, then BANG, harpoon him with some tweezers ;)

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
A spider has crept in is my guess :D

Good luck with the doctors, I suggest catching a fly, putting it into the fridge till it goes to sleep, then baiting the spider with it till he comes out for lunch, then BANG, harpoon him with some tweezers ;)
LMFAO:lol

Water in the ear, trapped in wax:confused

I was informed that doctors in the UK have now stopped syringing ears and only issue drops instead now.

·
Registered
20,393 Posts
I was informed that doctors in the UK have now stopped syringing ears and only issue drops instead now.
Gimme 10 now! and make sure your chin hits the floor! :silly

Can't see how that would work but then I'm not a doctor :hihi

·
Premium Member
3,447 Posts
I had mine done last year - they give you ear drops for a few days to loosen the wax, then a few days after that you can go there and they'll syringe you :thumbsup

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I had mine done last year - they give you ear drops for a few days to loosen the wax, then a few days after that you can go there and they'll syringe you :thumbsup
Ask them if they still do it;) It may just be certain practices that no longer do it but apparently it's due to the problems that can arise if there is a weakness in the ear drum:confused

·
Registered
884 Posts
Probably wax blockage, horrible thing. Try Cerumol, over the counter at Chemists, I think it's basically peanut oil, and it works pretty damn well. It's only 2 or 3 quid a bottle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Ask them if they still do it;) It may just be certain practices that no longer do it but apparently it's due to the problems that can arise if there is a weakness in the ear drum:confused
I think rym is right about ear drum damage, an elderly relative of mine had her ears syringed and they bust her ear drum while doing it. To quote a 90 year old lady it hurts like a *******!:rofl

·
Registered
884 Posts
I think rym is right about ear drum damage, an elderly relative of mine had her ears syringed and they bust her ear drum while doing it. To quote a 90 year old lady it hurts like a *******!:rofl
Really? :confused

I got mine done in Australia for tropical ear (now THAT is painful!) and it wasn't sore at all. They must have done it wrong.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been the doctors this morning my ears are just full of wax lol. Reason being listening to all these women so I dont have to listen to them all LOL.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hiya been using olive oil and ear drops then been to the doctors today.

I managed to clear one out my self then today had them both done properly. Its great I can hear again now at last.

·
Formerly known as Freddybear
495 Posts
i get the same thing, on and off. i tell you, if it blocks 5 mins before i do a gig its panic time! listening to earphones builds up bacteria as your ears produce wax to protect the ear drum. i prob have my monitor too loud..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts