BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all sorry i posted this in the x section but thought i would try here too.

The car: 2001 4.4 X5 sport - full screen sat nav/analogue TV,radio, 6 cd changer in the boot

The problem: FM and AM not tuning into stations at all

I have just bought the car and the seller installed a new battery receipt to prove it, the CD works fine, TV obviously not as its analogue, all beeps and tones are audible but the radio is dead air, nothing from FM and MW makes the static hiss noise, stations are stored in by the previous owner but when i select or manually tune there is nothing i can see everything the screen is working fine just nothing from the radio...

what i've tried: checked the aerial to the radio in the battery compartment, removed all fuses mentioned on here in the glove box and the rear, scanned with OBDII no radio errors came back.

any ideas??

Cheers in advance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To add to the mystery I think my wording is wrong as it is actually ting into them just not playing them, it seems to find the station on scan but no sound yet everything else is fine???

·
Registered
962 Posts
Seems that the some part of the radio tuner / amp in the head unit is at fault, but that's only an educated guess from what you've posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts