BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, this is the first time i've joined a forum and am hoping for some helpful feedback. I've driven a 318i SE tourer (petrol) for a long time but today I looked at a BMW 530D SE Tourer Auto Diesel (2003) and am very tempted to trade in. Does anyone know what the average mile per gallon is for this model? Are there any reasons why this wouldn't be a good move?
Look forward to hearing from members.
Lexy

:confused

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
530d's are very popular cars for a good reason, decent performance and economy and 5's are usually far superior in terms of quality over the 3's. Just be sure to check for every possible sign of clocking.

The main issues to be 'aware' of but not put off by are the fact that the 3.0d engines in these tend to suffer from fuel system problems which can cost upto £2K to put right should the worst happen. Steve & Ronnie should be able to elaborate on this.

I'd definately have the turbo unit inspected professionally, the principles of warming them up and cooling them down still applies but BMWs tend to be used as tools, so I doubt any BMW turbo will be looked after the way other ehnthusiasts look after their turbo cars.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.