BMW Forums : BimmerForums banner

Lose the chrome?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant make up my mind so I thought I'd see what you lot think.

Here's what she looks like now but there will be angel eyes going on in the not too distant future.

Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Platinum BFuk Member
105 Posts
Yep lose the chrome. When i finally get around to putting the new bonnet on mine i;m going to respray the grills that came with it so i can see what it looks like with both.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I Took mine out...To Paint them...2 weeks ago...still haven't done it!
Whoops hit thanks instead of quote :confused

Haha though.

Think I'll probably just buy a set off ebay so I can take them off if I change cars. Saying that though are they hard to paint ie is it just a spray you can buy in Halfords or do you need to get a pro to do it?

Would like to see how they look fitted if anyone has a pic with this colour car...?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. Thanks a million for that. Never even thought of doing that. :thumbsup

Going to be looking at that pic for the next few days. I still cant decide what way to go...

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I'm going black centres with a white lip, which will leave my car totally black and white... well excluding the tail pipes on the exhaust:rofl

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may go that route with black wheels at some point next year. Not completely sure yet but I'm toying with the idea of tinting the windows as well. If I go that route I'll defintely get the black grills. As it stands though I'm actually leaning more towards keeping them chrome....

·
Legendary BFuk Member
12,959 Posts
I was thinking of putting in some black mesh instead of the slats, only trouble is is the bonnet pull comes out through the slats so it may not work properly.
You'll need to have a cut out in the mesh. It will look tidy so long as you put something similar to thin air hose around it (air hose with a slice going from top to bottom so that you can open it up and feed it around the cut out):thumbsup

·
Registered
5,469 Posts
I'm going black centres with a white lip, which will leave my car totally black and white... well excluding the tail pipes on the exhaust:rofl

you can get black tailpipe trim...or use high temperature paint :)

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.